Eric Duncan

Star Wars: The Bad Batch | Disney+ | Final Season premieres February 21st!

On 8/14/2021 at 3:23 PM, Menor said:

Fantastic finale. Don't understand why it has gotten such a mixed reaction at least online. I also give season 1 a B+, around the same grade as the first season of all four SW shows I have watched. It really shined in the visuals and also in some really creative action sequences (the second part isn't praised enough imo). There were many really nice character and story moments but it did feel unfocused at times and the side plots were not consistently interesting (Common Ground and Infested being the worst offenders) that said I'm still quite invested for season 2. 

I liked season 1, but what disappointed me was that it opened so strong with it's over hour long movie like episode and never really gained ground after that, yeah there were a couple strong episodes, but most of them were fillers where little happened to progress the story. the story worked best imo when they were showing the falling the republic and rise of the empire, epsicaly with the transitioning of Clones and what happened to them. but the "Job of the week" episodes that focused on bad batch and Omega were really repetavie and kind of boring. But It is still better than most animated shows out there. and I am looking forward to season 2. and your right most of the other shows improve after the first season.

Lots of Star Wars coming to D+ Next year, Season 2 of this Andor, Obi-Wan and Season 3 of Mandalorian. Ashoka seems to be headed to production soon too. doubt we will get 5 star wars shows in one year though. spring 2023 maybe?

4 minutes ago, Inceptionzq said:

The theory of Bad Batch having a midseason break is looking likely. Unless Kenobi doesn’t end up coming out May 4th

Wellll, I'd say "possible".  Might depend on how much of the back half of TBB is done and just how committed they are to having something SW-y before Kenobi.  That's presuming they just don't overlap, of course.

(also, to be technical, June is in "spring", so it could still come immediately after OWK)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Porthos said:

(also, to be technical, June is in "spring", so it could still come immediately after OWK)

Yeah that’s true if they’re not going by theatrical terminology. I guess Lucasfilm isn’t against barely slotting it into a specific month or season.

This wouldn't surprise me one iota, however:

TBB S1 overlapped with Loki for part of its run, so there's no hesitancy on that score.  Only real question is whether or not they want a live-action and animated SW series on at the same time.  I can see the logic in breaking it up if they actually care about having patches of the calendar get "filled", FWIW.  Just not sure the tea leaves have been set one way or the other.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Menor Reborn said:

Hmm, don't love the idea of putting multiple SW series out there at once. This show faces enough challenges as it is being animated and with a (perceived) high barrier to entry, going up against the most anticipated Star Wars show won't help. 

It will happen eventually especially if any new animated shows continue to have seasons that run for more than 13 episodes.

But in this particular situation the mid season break makes sense since there is a gap of content on Disney+ between Boba Fett and Moon Knight 

• Like 1

Like Mandalorian, S1 of this show ages quite well in hindsight. 9 great/very good episodes, 5 pretty good ones, and only 2 that I found meh, without a single one I disliked -- quite a good ratio compared to a lot of new sci-fi/fantasy shows that I have watched. I think I underappreciated it at the time, will bump up my rating from a B+ to an A-. For S2 my main hopes are some more expansion on the chips plotline, exploration of Nala Se's work on Mount Tantiss, and (most importantly) some more time for Tech and Echo. 

Edited by Menor Reborn
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Menor Reborn said:

Hmm, don't love the idea of putting multiple SW series out there at once. This show faces enough challenges as it is being animated and with a (perceived) high barrier to entry, going up against the most anticipated Star Wars show won't help. 

The main thing I think works against a split is if there is enough episodes already ready to have six/eight episodes before Kenobi.  TCW-style animation lead time is justifiably famous for taking FOR-E-VER.  And the amount of polygons they throw at this series has only increased, which has got to take time on the good ol' render farm.

Does Lucasfilm have enough in the can to run six/eight episodes from Early-Mid March to Early May?

If so, then, sure, let er' rip.  It's the logic I was using all along for splitting Andor (which as an aside, is rumored to be split as well, but as a S1/S2 split which would point to 2022/2023).

Working backward, I could see something like this:

TBOBF last episode:                  Feb 9th

TBB S2 Pt 1 start date:              March 10th

TBB S2 Pt 1 mid-season break: April 27th

Obi-Wan Kenobi start date:      May 4th

Obi-Wan Kenobi end date:       May 25th/June 8th (dep on 4 or 6 episodes)

TBB S2 Pt 2 start date:              June 15th (or June 1st if Kenobi is 4 episodes)

TBB S2 Pt 2 end date:               August 3rd (or thereabouts depending on above calendar movement)

Andor start date:                     August 10th/17th (ditto)

If The Bad Batch Season 2 is 12 episodes, or if Disney wants a week empty between TBB and Kenobi, move TBB around in March to whatever week fits.  If Andor isn't ready yet, or if it's gonna be split in two, push Andor back to late August/early September.

FWIW, a mid/late August start date for Andor does take us all the way into early November, IF, they show all 12 episodes this year.  If not?  Well, bit of a gap between it and The Mandalorian, Season Three, which I can't see being ready until late Nov/Early December at the absolute earliest (they're shooting now and I have no idea whatsoever about how COVID is affecting their shooting schedule).

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 1

16 episode second season confirmed: 👍

Disney+ released the teaser trailer and logo for “Star Wars: The Bad Batch,” Season 2, which was featured today at Star Wars Celebration in a panel that included filmmakers Brad Rau, supervising director/executive producer; Jennifer Corbett, head writer/executive producer; and Matt Michnovetz, story editor. They were joined by actors Dee Bradley Baker, who voices all the “Bad Batch” characters, and Michelle Ang, the voice of Omega.

Months have passed since the events on Kamino and the Bad Batch continue their journey navigating the Empire after the fall of the Republic. They will cross paths with friends and foes, both new and familiar, as they take on a variety of thrilling mercenary missions that will take them to unexpected and dangerous new places.

The second season of “Star Wars: The Bad Batch” consists of 16 episodes and is set to premiere this fall exclusively on Disney+.

• Like 1