charlie Jatinder

Mulan International Thread: $5.9mn Weekend in 9 Markets.

18 minutes ago, TigerPaw said:

I think you will see most being overestimates as Sundays seem to be weaker than Friday in most markets due to piracy..

I foresee big drops going forward..due to piracy..

That shouldn't happen as almost all markets Sunday was over before Disney announced the numbers. Taiwan is probably because its Taipei numbers that are available at that time, Taiwan is estimated based on that, which is most of times very close.

1 hour ago, charlie Jatinder said:

That shouldn't happen as almost all markets Sunday was over before Disney announced the numbers. Taiwan is probably because its Taipei numbers that are available at that time, Taiwan is estimated based on that, which is most of times very close.

I know but Local Theater chains usually only send the actual Sunday numbers to them early next morning. I know Singapore does this by 9am on Monday morning; emails from Theater Chains to Distributors.

Weekend Actuals

Thailand: $1.15mn (Nationwide number is $1.33mn but usually 80-85% of that is reported)

Taiwan: $1.13mn

UAE: $0.83mn

Saudi Arabia: $0.8mn

Singapore: $0.73mn

Malaysia: $0.6mn

Qatar: $0.17mn

Czech Republic: $0.09mn

Slovakia: $0.05mn

Croatia: $0.034mn

Turkey: $0.02mn

Total: $5.6mn

Don't think I missed anything.

Edited by charlie Jatinder
  • Like 1

I will never understand why countries like France or Portugal are only getting this on December 3rd on Disney+. No Premier Access, no theatrical release. Nothing. Meanwhile everyone I know already watched it.

7 minutes ago, CJohn said:

I will never understand why countries like France or Portugal are only getting this on December 3rd on Disney+. No Premier Access, no theatrical release. Nothing. Meanwhile everyone I know already watched it.

For France they have a quite strict release windows law for SVOD:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/french-cinema-body-can-collapse-release-windows-covid-19-crisis-1285803#:~:text=On Friday%2C the French government,caused by the novel coronavirus.

According to the law if the movie play in theater, it cannot play on Disney+/Netflix/etc,,, the next 3 years, maybe if a movie get a PVOD it also create some windows where SVOD is impossible that Disney want to avoid.

https://variety.com/2020/digital/news/mulan-disney-plus-all-subscribers-no-extra-charge-1234757666/

According to this, they could have struct an exceptional deal with France exhibition market but theater refused.

I would suspect something similar for portugal, skipping PVOD for regulation reason.

• Thanks 1