Fake

Friday Numbers

"There’s dissension among my sources over just how big Lionsgate’s holdover The Hunger Games will be this weekend despite two major releases opening against it."

Wary of that 24M number. It may be a million or two too high.

Makes you wonder if there was even a higher number. Unlikely I know, but maybe Nikki just picked the number she thought was right.

Holy balls. Maybe this is the SM1 of this generation after all.

Bigger than SM1 in attendance if it's over $500 Million. But yeah that's the closest trilogy we can compare it to.Edit: wait no it doesn't. Wow Spidey was massiver than I ever thought it was with $544m adjusted Edited by darthdevidem01

Damn could you just imagine if HG upsets everybody and becomes the Highest Grossing Movie of 2012. When everybody's picking Avenger The Hobbit or The Dark Knight Rises this would so come out of left field.

Edited by SuperBatman

Bigger than SM1 in attendance if it's over $500 Million. But yeah that's the closest trilogy we can compare it to.Edit: wait no it doesn't. Wow Spidey was massiver than I ever thought it was with $544m adjusted

Yeah dude SM1 was a monster. It's weekends today are still really impressive but knowing that it was doing those numbers 10 years ago is insane. I said earlier its 2nd weekend adjusts to like 96m. Unreal.

THR spices things up a bit. "Hunger Games is projected to earn anywhere from $20 million to $23 million on Friday." They still suck at extrapolating though, saying 64m 2nd weekend.

http://www.hollywood...s-mirror-306484

Their higher end has increased. It was "as much as 20M" before. That's a good sign. At least Nikki isn't way out there on her own now. Edited by Magic

Yeah dude SM1 was a monster. It's weekends today are still really impressive but knowing that it was doing those numbers 10 years ago is insane. I said earlier its 2nd weekend adjusts to like 96m. Unreal.

That is just insane! $96m wow!! Don't know why I always thought the spidey movies did well but not "that" well. hmm I blame Spider-Man 3 for just putting a shroud of negativity over that trilogy.
  • Like 1