filmlover

SAG Awards Predictions 2020

Oscars, Golden Globes, GRAMMYs & More 2020-2021 Awards Season Ceremony Dates | Entertainment Tonight (etonline.com)

JANUARY 2021

Jan. 18: Critics Choice Awards TV nominations announced
Jan. 24: Screen Actors Guild Awards

FEBRUARY 2021

Feb. 7: Critics' Choice Awards film nominations announced
Feb. 11: Producers Guild Awards documentary nominations announced
Feb. 25 - March 8: Palm Springs International Film Festival
Feb. 26: AFI Awards (redated from January 2021)
Feb. 26: Producers Guild Awards TV nominations announced (Sports, Children's and Short Form Programs)
Feb. 28: Golden Globe Awards

MARCH 2021

March 7: Critics' Choice Awards (redated from January 2021)
March 12: Producers Guild Awards nominations announced
March 14: GRAMMYs
March 14: Screen Actors Guild Awards
March 15: Oscar nominations announced
March 24: Producers Guild Awards (virtual)

APRIL 2021

April 10: Art Directors Guild's Excellence in Production Design Awards
April 10: DGA Awards
April 11: BAFTA Awards
April 24: Film Independent Spirit Awards
April 25: Oscars

• Like 1

Lmao, they gave Da 5 Bloods, The Trial of the Chicago 7, News of the World, Mulan, and Wonder Woman 1984 best stunts nominations? Da 5 Bloods was just wonky in that department and the latter two had atrocious action choreography and stuntwork for major blockbusters (literally any superhero movie from 2020 other than WW84 would've worked) and Trial didn't even have a lot of stuntwork.

2 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Lmao, they gave Da 5 Bloods, The Trial of the Chicago 7, News of the World, Mulan, and Wonder Woman 1984 best stunts nominations? Da 5 Bloods was just wonky in that department and the latter two had atrocious action choreography and stuntwork for major blockbusters (literally any superhero movie from 2020 other than WW84 would've worked) and Trial didn't even have a lot of stuntwork.

Didn't they nominate The Irishman last year for Stunt Ensemble? Whenever there's a prestige project in contention, they go for it. Guess they really didn't want to nominate Tenet.

5 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Didn't they nominate The Irishman last year for Stunt Ensemble? Whenever there's a prestige project in contention, they go for it. Guess they really didn't want to nominate Tenet.

They should've just given Tenet the award instead of giving these films nominations lol. Much more impressive than anything from the past year.

2 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

They should've just given Tenet the award instead of giving these films nominations lol. Much more impressive than anything from the past year.

Not gonna lie, I'm gonna laugh if it gets completely shut out at the Oscars despite its status as the only tentpole that took the bullet in trying to revive the movie business (a gamble that didn't pay off unsurprisingly but still).

Jared Leto is clearly this year's random GG/SAG nominee who misses on the morning of Oscar nominations.

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Not gonna lie, I'm gonna laugh if it gets completely shut out at the Oscars despite its status as the only tentpole that took the bullet in trying to revive the movie business (a gamble that didn't pay off unsurprisingly but still).

Jared Leto is clearly this year's random GG/SAG nominee who misses on the morning of Oscar nominations.

Nolan supposedly also doesn't want the film to be campaigned for Oscars so I guess an underperformance in tech categories will make sense. Sucks but hey, what can I do? Still will be annoyed if the film doesn't win VFX.

Edited by lorddemaxus

Also I had to laugh when Adams was announced, even though it's such a SAG choice. One of the best actresses working today but Hillbilly Elegy is just embarrassing for everyone involved.

It's gonna be so disappointing if Close's moment finally happens for arguably one of her worst performances.

4 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Also I had to laugh when Adams was announced, even though it's such a SAG choice. One of the best actresses working today but Hillbilly Elegy is just embarrassing for everyone involved.

It's gonna be so disappointing if Close's moment finally happens for arguably one of her worst performances.

with Amanda out, it's Close vs Colman round 2

Also I'm guessing Chadwick will be the acting representation for Da 5 Bloods at the Oscars now that Lindo feels done (if SAG, given how much they love veterans, didn't go for him no one will). Maxed out his nomination potential today with four noms (two individual, two in Ensemble). Pretty sure he would be making history as the first actor to get double posthumous Oscars nominations if it happens?

I seriously don't know whether to groan or say "LOL nothing matters anymore" at the nominations for Hillbilly Elegy. At this point, I'm almost rooting for Glenn Close to go all the way just so that the film itself can snag the dubious distinction of being the most horrendous film I've seen to win an acting Oscar (a dishonor currently belonging to The Iron Lady). Almost.

I am the only one that didn't mind Hillbilly Elegy, no place being in award talk (giants names/giant Netflix helping in a slow year, but even then....) even if I have no issue with Close she was great.

Did not felt has particularly bad for Howard relative to Howard relative output or Netflix (maybe the thing, expectation was so low from that combo + the critical reception)