Porthos

Ahsoka Live Action Series | Disney Plus | August 23

Eo6XsVjW4AAZJdW?format=jpg&name=900x900

Produced by Jon Favreau and Dave Filoni.  Might be coming as soon as Xmas 2021. Coming soon, date to be added when confirmed.

https://www.starwars.com/news/future-lucasfilm-projects-revealed

Ahsoka

After making her long awaited live-action debut in The Mandalorian, Ahsoka Tano’s story, written by Dave Filoni, will continue in a limited series starring Rosario Dawson and executive produced by Dave Filoni and Jon Favreau.

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Inceptionzq said:

That was the release date mentioned for Mando season 3

I'll edit that out and just put in "coming soon" until I get a more certain info date. :)

This like trying to post/get info about all four days of Celebration news at once! :lol: 

Oh shit, saw some spec over at reddit and it could totally work.

Hayden Christensen is back, filming for Lucasfilm.

Hayden.  Christensen. Is. Back. Filming. For.  Lucasfilm.

Y'all see where I'm going with this, right?

For once.  FOR ACTUAL ONCE, we have thematic reason to finally have Force Ghost Anakin.

I have no idea if this is even a possibility, story wise, but if anyone is mad enough to bring in Force Ghost Anakin, it is absolutely Dave "I came up with the World Between Worlds and laughed as I did it" Filoni.

Plus Rosario Dawson and Hayden Christensen have worked together before (Shattered Glass).

Shit.  It probably won't happen, but now I really really want it to.  If only for closure on Ahsoka's part.

(@Ahsoka)

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1

BTW, one thing.  Just one little reasonable thing.

Kevin Kiner does the music for this series or we riot.  j1aUlyv.gif

Spoiler

Yes, it probably will be Ludwig, and he would be fantastic in this as well, I'm sure.

But, seriously, Kiner or rioting.  Just so you know, 3uo7yYj.png.

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Porthos said:

BTW, one thing.  Just one little reasonable thing.

Kevin Kiner does the music for this series or we riot.  j1aUlyv.gif

Reveal hidden contents

I would love that... His music deserves wider exposure

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Inceptionzq said:

I would love that... His music deserves wider exposure

I actually checked to make sure before I made my post, and he has a decently extensive catalogue in live action TV, so it's not like they'd be hiring someone with no experience on that side of things.  It absolutely would raise his profile even more though, I agree, as well as hopefully get people to listen to some of his more impressive back catalogue he's done for the SW animated series.

• Like 2

https://collider.com/jon-favreau-rangers-of-the-new-republic-ahsoka-news/

Perhaps unsurprisingly, he said that his Mandalorian executive producer (and creator of the character, back on the animated Clone Wars series) Dave Filoni would be writing and producing Ahsoka. The new spinoff will be set during the timeline of The Mandalorian and, we’re assuming, involve the young Jedi (played once again by Rosario Dawson) tracking down the evil Admiral Thrawn, which would signal the live-action debut of one of the more iconic Star Wars villains. 

So (Mando season finale spoilers, not sure if needed at this point but just to be safe)

Spoiler

The odds of Ahsoka meeting Luke in this series have to be pretty high after his appearance in Mando, right? It would be such a great moment, and Lucasfilm has shown they're willing to include Luke on the TV side. 

Edited by Menor

31 minutes ago, Menor said:

So (Mando season finale spoilers, not sure if needed at this point but just to be safe)

Hide contents

The odds of Ahsoka meeting Luke in this series have to be pretty high after his appearance in Mando, right? It would be such a great moment, and Lucasfilm has shown they're willing to include Luke on the TV side. 

Spoiler

Maybe.  Much rather have her meet Anakin for the sake of closure, but I wouldn't say no to both, that's for sure.

• Like 2

• Sounds like Rebels sequel is the Ahsoka series
  • Sabine will be a recurring character
  • Animated Rebels sequel was in production, the success of Mando Season 1 changed the course of the project
  • The series was very far into production
  • LFL doesn’t want to abandon animated Ahsoka, Dave allegedly wants her story to be finished in animation. KRT isn’t sure about this one’s validity.
  • Ahsoka’s series is adapting some scripts from the Rebels sequel
  • Plot of Ahsoka is (obviously) the search for Ezra, and by extension, Thrawn.
  • No word on Zeb thus far
  • Many screentests happened during the shooting of The Mandalorian Season 2. Ewan as Kenobi was already reported to have donned the costume for a screen test. Temeura as Rex might have been tested, which would explain the reports of Rex appearing in Mando Season 2 way back when. This one is just speculation.
  • The story of The Mandalorian (Mando, Ahsoka, Rangers, BOBF, etc) will extend into at least the mid-2020s, and talks are taking place about possibly even having feature films.
  • KRT describes Ahsoka as a Rebels successor series, rather than a sequel.

https://old.reddit.com/r/StarWarsLeaks/comments/kusgqa/summary_of_krts_stream_the_plot_of_ahsoka_and_the/

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 2

EDITED:::::

"who the frontrunner is" isn't QUITE the same thing, though it might be pretty likely.  Keep that in mind for whenever this rumor drops in a few hours.

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 1