This show is so stupid but so unbelievably watchable. I won't say I don't enjoy the hell out of it but I find myself shaking my head at most of what's going on. Yes the debate system is heavily flawed but ACN's system would be a disaster, and Sorkin's main pitch last night was that it would save the debates.

If the show at this point were just archived clips of news segments, interviews and debates with Sorkin just repeatedly saying off camera, "I would do better," I think that would be an improvement.

Edited by Gopher

Yeah, I don't know. I'm always rolling my eyes during this show. The serious and interesting insights on journalism and politics are constantly trivilized by the dumbass 8th grade romance dramatics. And sometimes the "snappy" dialogue can really get on my nerves, why are these people always yelling? I'm looking at you Olivia Munn.

Edited by The aDIM Legacy

Yeah, you guys are hitting the nail on the head. The show is dumb and preachy, but it's entertainingly dumb and preachy. (except for the way certain characters are written, like Alison Pil's)Oh, and the storyline about Slumdog Millionaire trying to infiltrate the Evil League of Trolls is too odd. What do trolls do on a website full of trolls? Just try to one up each other's trolling?

As mentioned, the show's big problem is that from Day 1 it shoehorned two major romantic subplots in our face and then proceeded to expand one of them from a love triangle into a love quadrangle.That's one problem with a 10-episode season compared to the 22 episodes of network TV, with network TV you have room to develop such things at a more natural and free pace.

• Like 1

Oh, and the storyline about Slumdog Millionaire trying to infiltrate the Evil League of Trolls is too odd. What do trolls do on a website full of trolls? Just try to one up each other's trolling?

I don't think Sorkin understands how the internet works.

I don't understand how that is considered newsworthy. A story about internet trolls? WTF?

It was obviously their way of leading them back to the dude that made the threat on Will's life. And they haven't aired anything on the troll story, it's just something that Neal THOUGHT might get him a story. But this is the same guy that keeps pitching Bigfoot and aliens.He's not stupid, he's just a nerd, lol.Also, why wouldn't it be newsworthy? Some of the larger trolls can be very very very very disruptive and even dangerous, a helluva lot moreso than the like that show up in places like BOF. A story on what motivates them and what could possibly be in these strange, messed up minds that gives them a thrill to do stupid shit like that. I'd watch it.

Regarding Neal and the internet trolls, it seems that the most likely result is that the story is simply a means for Neal to stumble upon the person threatening Will's life. If that's the case the troll story will be shoved aside since it was only a means to an end.But, considering how Sorkin loves real-life parallels, a theory has begun to emerge that Neal's infiltration may end up with a version of this:http://www.huffingto..._n_1219328.htmlhttp://www.forbes.com/sites/andygreenberg/2011/02/28/hbgary-federals-aaron-barr-resigns-after-anonymous-hack-scandal/ The theory goes that Neal gets revenge-hacked, the "trolls" get into the ACN network and expose on their own the dirt concering Reese Lansing, TMI, etc.

Edited by 4815162342

Regarding Neal and the internet trolls, it seems that the most likely result is that the story is simply a means for Neal to stumble upon the person threatening Will's life. If that's the case the troll story will be shoved aside since it was only a means to an end.But, considering how Sorkin loves real-life parallels, a theory has begun to emerge that Neal's infiltration may end up with a version of this:http://www.huffingto..._n_1219328.htmlhttp://www.forbes.co...s-hack-scandal/The theory goes that Neal gets revenge-hacked, the "trolls" get into the ACN network and expose on their own the dirt concering Reese Lansing, TMI, etc.

Yeah, when trolls were brought up Anonymous was the first thing in my mind that popped up.