cax16

Captain America: Brave New World | February 14, 2025 | Harrison Ford is General Thaddeus "Thunderbolt" Ross

10 hours ago, Eric the Fall Guy said:

Moderation

We're done with this hyperbolic "this is going to be the biggest bomb in history" talk. This movie won't be out for another nine months. Why are we doing this? What do you gain? What new information are we learning? Why?

My logic here is as for all upcoming tentpoles: 

WAIT FOR FOOTAGE 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Morieris said:

My friend has apparently already gotten one of the toys in their child's kid's meal from McDonalds.

How....did this happen.

The movie was supposed to release this year. I guess it was too late to cancel whatever deal they had with McDonalds. Would've been nice if they could've thrown in some Deadpool toys instead.

Edited by poweranimals

Posted (edited)

It's not that crazy. Some promo stuff is baked in for a specific time. The movie was supposed to be coming out this weekend, and that's when they made the deal for this tie in.

Edited by SpiderByte

I have been so out of the MCU loop (bc I don't care that much anymore) that I didn't even realize it was supposed to come out today originally.

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

Has Marvel Studios’ security just gotten worse in the 2020s? Last year there was that whole thing with the Ant-Man 3 script getting released online, and even before that there were those leaked pics from NWH that I believe John Campea accidentally shared because he thought it was fake. 

30 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

Has Marvel Studios’ security just gotten worse in the 2020s? Last year there was that whole thing with the Ant-Man 3 script getting released online, and even before that there were those leaked pics from NWH that I believe John Campea accidentally shared because he thought it was fake. 

Scoopers have always been around. Could be that with marvel making so many movies they may have made connections with people working on them.

Posted (edited)
41 minutes ago, Reddroast said:

Scoopers have always been around. Could be that with marvel making so many movies they may have made connections with people working on them.

I’m aware that they’ve always been around, but I can’t recall it getting to a point where Marvel had to take legal action because scoopers were posting leaked images and entire screenplays online. 

Edited by WittyUsername
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

The ant man 3 thing wasn't a script. The theaters get sent the subtitles for closed captioning devices, and that is what got leaked.

5 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

that I believe John Campea accidentally shared because he thought it was fake. 

Lmao, "accidentally". The right thing to do with fake stuff is to not give it any attention at all, but this really speaks to what the priorities of scoopers are. They still share stuff even if they think it's fake because they know it'll still get them clicks and engagement.

I hope this means the end of the likes of DanielRPK somehow. The CBM rumor mill is just tedious at this point.

• Like 1

Reshoots have started! Or at least prep has started for later this week

Someone found the filming permits it does seem like the reshoots are mostly adding more action scenes. Specifically a scene where Sam is ambushed with spike strips by what seem to be the cops and then the fight goes indoors.