cax16

Captain America: Brave New World | February 14, 2025 | Harrison Ford is General Thaddeus "Thunderbolt" Ross

Hmmm. Pencil me in for 85m four day/190m DOM/400m WW, more similar to about the Phase Four/Phase One origin. Trailer views are okay, more in common with The Marvels but on the bright side, the vitriol (though the dislike count is higher sadly because incels can't handle more than one black lead in geekshit) doesn't seem as strong as The Marvels and has a better hook. I also think Black History Month/President’s Day weekend can really help tie in for the movie with a dry month without a serious action movie since like November. (However that didn't help The Marvels but that was more like a death of a thousand cuts).

I don't think the budget is $350m+ like rumors suggested but more like O/U $250m range. It's likely to underwhelm theatrically but it matters more on if Cap 4 is a good movie more so if it's a box office success. Deadpool 3’s impeding success regardless part from big sequels, MCU is back in its Phase 1/2 era for origins due to burnoff of goodwill after a saga worth of content in 2-3 years, most of which not raved about.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Liiviig 1998 said:

Trailer is solid and dig the tone but secret invasion happened  and  that had fantastic trailers and even without the excessive quips and cringe humour that has plagued phase 4 and 5 it somehow devolved into the dumbest plotlines the MCU has made.

My current expectations is something close to FATWS but without cringe finale parts . So mid - solid reception B+/A-

80m+  4 day

150-175M+ 

400-500M

I also believe he will collect that amount.

But let's see about the quality after they completely reshot the film. Before it was considered a disaster, maybe now it will be likeable and entertaining as a film

59 minutes ago, YM! said:

Hmmm. Pencil me in for 85m four day/190m DOM/400m WW, more similar to about the Phase Four/Phase One origin. Trailer views are okay, more in common with The Marvels but on the bright side, the vitriol (though the dislike count is higher sadly because incels can't handle more than one black lead in geekshit) doesn't seem as strong as The Marvels and has a better hook. I also think Black History Month/President’s Day weekend can really help tie in for the movie with a dry month without a serious action movie since like November. (However that didn't help The Marvels but that was more like a death of a thousand cuts).

I don't think the budget is $350m+ like rumors suggested but more like O/U $250m range. It's likely to underwhelm theatrically but it matters more on if Cap 4 is a good movie more so if it's a box office success. Deadpool 3’s impeding success regardless part from big sequels, MCU is back in its Phase 1/2 era for origins due to burnoff of goodwill after a saga worth of content in 2-3 years, most of which not raved about.

This shit is so irritating. Can you prove this?

3 minutes ago, Insomnia said:

This shit is so irritating. Can you prove this?

Historical tentpole movies or games with PoC leads tend to be dislike-bombed or have an oddly higher amount of dislikes than normal: case in point The Little Mermaid, the Captain Marvel franchise, Gladiator II, that new Assassin Creed game with Yasuke, heck even the Black Panther series had a larger amount of trailer dislikes than the average MCU series.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, YM! said:

Historical tentpole movies or games with PoC leads tend to be dislike-bombed or have an oddly higher amount of dislikes than normal: case in point The Little Mermaid, the Captain Marvel franchise, Gladiator II, that new Assassin Creed game with Yasuke, heck even the Black Panther series had a larger amount of trailer dislikes than the average MCU series.

I think that minority actors have had the terrible misfortune of having to carry terrible looking movies and shows, which isn't fair to them. Of course there are going to be racist idiots out there but on the whole I don't think generalizing the dislike as a bunch of incels is on the mark. Pretty much everything that the media claims is "review bombed" is also pretty awful. I'd say that's the stronger correlation.

In the case of Gladiator II, you have a lot of reasons why people aren't happy and none of them have to do with racism. I mean, Denzel is one of the most popular actors in the world!

As for this movie, I'd say the most hot button issue - at least if social media is anything to go by, is the IDF character (or what WAS an IDF character). People are grasping at straws for this narrative of "Marvel is making me dislike a movie with a black lead because of their inclusion of an Israeli actress".

All that to say there are always a lot of things that come into play with stuff like this. I don't think automatically blaming it on a group of incels or racists is helpful, especially when criticism is warranted for genuinely bad product. I think we've gotten way too comfortable with throwing the racist label out there without something firm to back it up.

Anyway that's all I have to say about it. I generally don't like getting involved in discussions like this online but sometimes I feel there needs to be some pushback on certain narratives.

Edited by Insomnia

Yeah I get that the trailer won't be liked by everyone but there's not really a logical reason to be way more disliked than the average MCU movie. I don't see/don't know how much does this one have though, only saw an account saying that it hit 100K dislikes yesterday (?) 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Insomnia said:

I think that minority actors have had the terrible misfortune of having to carry terrible looking movies and shows, which isn't fair to them. Of course there are going to be racist idiots out there but on the whole I don't think generalizing the dislike as a bunch of incels is on the mark. Pretty much everything that the media claims is "review bombed" is also pretty awful. I'd say that's the stronger correlation.

In the case of Gladiator II, you have a lot of reasons why people aren't happy and none of them have to do with racism. I mean, Denzel is one of the most popular actors in the world!

As for this movie, I'd say the most hot button issue - at least if social media is anything to go by, is the IDF character (or what WAS an IDF character). People are grasping at straws for this narrative of "Marvel is making me dislike a movie with a black lead because of their inclusion of an Israeli actress".

All that to say there are always a lot of things that come into play with stuff like this. I don't think automatically blaming it on a group of incels or racists is helpful, especially when criticism is warranted for genuinely bad product. I think we've gotten way too comfortable with throwing the racist label out there without something firm to back it up.

Cool why didn't you address the Yasuke example or The Little Mermaid or Black Panther franchise which for the most part actual had decent reviews WOM wise for audiences? I'm not denying criticism at all here nor am I saying that everyone who dislikes the movie is racist so please don't use that strawman but it tends to be factual, most times when their a PoC lead regardless of quality there is a higher amount of dislikes on a trailer than normal (do think the Sabra/Ruth thing is another part of larger dislikes ratio but not as much as).

Even the awful or mediocre things seem to have a very weird dislike ratio, like I haven't seen The Acolyte but its not a coincidence that it has an oddly low 14% on Rotten Tomatoes audience score. That's very odd for a geek media thing to get.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, YM! said:

Cool why didn't you address the Yasuke example or The Little Mermaid or Black Panther franchise which for the most part actual had decent reviews WOM wise for audiences? I'm not denying criticism at all here nor am I saying that everyone who dislikes the movie is racist so please don't use that strawman but it tends to be factual, most times when their a PoC lead regardless of quality there is a higher amount of dislikes on a trailer than normal (do think the Sabra/Ruth thing is another part of larger dislikes ratio but not as much as).

Even the awful or mediocre things seem to have a very weird dislike ratio, like I haven't seen The Acolyte but its not a coincidence that it has an oddly low 14% on Rotten Tomatoes audience score. That's very odd for a geek media thing to get.

I can't comment on Yasuke or The Little Mermaid as I didn't follow the discourse around those (I don't even know what Yasuke is).

Same with Black Panther, though yeah, those movies were pretty good so an abnormally high dislike ratio is sadly suspect. Like I said too, I'm not saying that racist idiots don't exist so I think we can probably meet somewhere in the middle here.

As for The Acolyte, it's truly awful and it has nothing to do with the black actresses, though that's the narrative the media desperately wants to put out there instead of actually listening to what the fans have to say. I didn't make it past a couple episodes. It's the writing and production values. It's the fact that it's so far removed from what Star Wars was that a lot of the fans don't recognize it.

Anyway, I'll say it again - that's all I have to say about all that. We don't need another thread derailed and there are plenty of good things about this movie to talk about.

Moderation

@Insomnia Instead of detailing threads with this kind of inflammatory rhetoric, then saying “we don’t need to derail this thread anymore”, how about you just…don’t derail the thread in the first place? You don’t have to post contemt  that you know will start pointless, nonsensical drama. So don’t.

• Like 1
  • Knock It Off 1

22 minutes ago, Eric Onion said:

Moderation

@Insomnia Instead of detailing threads with this kind of inflammatory rhetoric, then saying “we don’t need to derail this thread anymore”, how about you just…don’t derail the thread in the first place? You don’t have to post contemt  that you know will start pointless, nonsensical drama. So don’t.

17 hours ago, Mojoguy said:

Batman who is human regularly fights super-powered beings like Mr Freeze, Clay face, Poison Ivy, Bane and occasionally gets into dumb fanboy fights with Superman yet somehow is not immediately crushed.

Sam has just as much going for him with his wings, tech and shield.

Also Red Hulk looks to be Sam's dumb fanboy fight in this movie.

we have to see. Right now it feels like with Sam being just a regular guy we can't get fight scenes like this which feels like a downgrage

6 hours ago, OncomingStorm93 said:

One of these teaser trailers is from 2007. The other one is from 2024. Can you guess which one is legally old enough to drive? The answer may surprise you!

Iron-Man01.gifIron-Man-2.gifIron-Man-3.gif

Cap1.gifCap2.gif

top-gun-top-gun-maverick.gif