cax16

Captain America: Brave New World | February 14, 2025 | Harrison Ford is General Thaddeus "Thunderbolt" Ross

34 minutes ago, Mickiland16 said:

With Sabra in it that's inevitable, don't think it will going to affect the box office but the internet won't be kind when they see her in the marketing, and of course there's going to be at least one youtuber who calls the movie "woke" which is what they have been saying about this Captain America since Falcon and the Winter Soldier. 

I am going to say this as gingerly as possible since I really don't want to start a debate about Israel in this thread:

There does not appear, to me, to be any solid box office or other measurable backlash to the presence of Israeli/pro-israel actors, directors or producers in film or even television. It seems mostly isolated to just Twitter, maybe an article or two written about a specific statement but no sign of any successful "boycott" movement.

• Like 1

So... there's now talk of us getting an Alien Romulus spot today instead. Whether this means a messy game of telephone happened, or that the Captain America 4 trailer got pushed back for a better time, is unclear. We'll know in roughly 2 hours from now.

This does not surprise me at all. That's why I never got excited about it. Once  again it shows not to believe some of these so called scoopers who at least take it with a huuuge grain of salt ,  when the studio never actually comes out and confirms it Is happening. 

Just now, emoviefan said:

This does not surprise me at all. That's why I never got excited about it. Once  again it shows not to believe some of these so called scoopers who at least take it with a huuuge grain of salt ,  when the studio never actually comes out and confirms it Is happening. 

I would've agreed if it was just Shine, but DanielRPK and Nexus/ScarletWitchUpdates were backing it up as well, and those two have good track records in these matters. It could have just been pushed back to a better time, like Beetlejuice 2 and Sonic 3. The reshoots wrapped very recently, so it's not really that crazy to think that they simply decided to wait until the new footage gets properly integrated into the movie before starting marketing. I still think the earliest we'll see this is in D23 next month.

• Like 1

Well, the usual timeslot came and went, and crickets. Looks like the rumours were false. In hindsight, releasing any public trailer for a movie, especially one still being reworked, 7 months out is ridiculous. I feel bad for anyone who fell for the scooperbros. Marvel chose to showcase Agatha this week, and that's that. I'm sure they'll show a trailer behind closed doors at Comic-Con in a couple of weeks, followed by a public release during D23 at the earliest. Hopefully they take their time and integrate the new footage into the movie before cutting any trailers.

Yeah none of us should have fallen for that shit, even if the source did get some other things right. Can't stand scooper culture. It makes much for sense for it to drop closer to, or during, SDCC/Deadpool & Wolverine weekend.

Nexus has a lot of credibility from their time as DCU Leaks and they’re usually reliable. But they have taken some hits as well (they have twice gotten the writers for Brave and the Bold wrong).

Part of me isn’t really surprised if the trailer doesn’t drop today, cause Marvel seems to usually want to start marketing their next film right after/before their newest comes out (like when LAT’s trailer dropped right before MOM’s release, or Wakanda Forever dropping after LAT came out). If not today, then Comic Con should be where we get it since thats right after Deadpool comes out.

So apparently DanielRPK is still insisting on some Discord, presumably his, that the trailer is still being released today. And I've just read about this ESPN sports award ceremony being broadcast tonight in American time, so maybe it'll premiere there. I don't know at this point.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

I’m guessing this will get a trailer in the Fall, followed by Thunderbolts in December and Fantastic Four with the Super Bowl. 

That's what I'm thinking as well. I have a feeling it'll likely premiere with Moana 2 in particular.

22 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

It doesn't seem to be with Kimmel, nobody in the cast is scheduled to be on...is there some sporting event thing today?

yeah the Espys(short for Excellence in Sports Performance Yearly Awards) it's on ABC and ESPN, both Disney.

• Like 1