MrPink

Oppenheimer | 2024 Academy Award Winner for Best Picture and Best Director

Thought this was rather interesting:

Romain Cheyron posted his review on Twitter calling the film packed with emotion.

Someone responded saying they had heard the film "quite emotionally cold."

Cheyron answered:

"On the contrary, I found it to be overloaded with emotions."

Edited by stonehenge
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, hasanahmad said:

Translation:

#Oppenheimer will therefore be my reconciliation with Christopher Nolan. I really liked this exploration of the vanity of men and of a paradoxical and paranoid American nation. Even if Cillian Murphy has absolutely no cowboy face from New Mexico.

This must refer to his horse riding expeditions across NM. 

Just now, hasanahmad said:

Translation:

Blown by #Oppenheimer ! More classic in appearance, but which fits perfectly into Nolan's work by distilling his motives according to the story: a hectic biopic on the inventor of the atomic bomb, which turns into a captivating thriller in his last crazy hour.

And that first anonymous French critic posted by NolanAnalyst on Twitter said the last hour was disappointing but quite a few others seem to be singling it out.

5 minutes ago, hasanahmad said:

Translation:

#Oppenheimer will therefore be my reconciliation with Christopher Nolan. I really liked this exploration of the vanity of men and of a paradoxical and paranoid American nation. Even if Cillian Murphy has absolutely no cowboy face from New Mexico.

A French Intellectual does not like the United States. what a surprise,

17 minutes ago, Niceguy said:

The Frenchies are really raving this film. They like it a lot. I think in America it won't get as raved because of the bad women characters.

This is about an American Achievement coming to the rescue of the Europeans with an American hero at the helm, this will be loved by critics - and those who don't like reality with how things were will complain, so let them.

Edited by zlazer

1 minute ago, zlazer said:

This is about an American Achievement coming to the rescue of the Europeans with an American here at the helm, this will be loved by critics - and those who don't like reality with how things were will complain, so let them.

I don’t think that’s the angle of the movie…the opposite actually. America turned Oppenheimer into a pariah in the midst of its McCarthyite paranoia.