MrPink

Oppenheimer | 2024 Academy Award Winner for Best Picture and Best Director

4 hours ago, hasanahmad said:

Joe Scarborough of morning Joe on MSNBC said this morning he saw it in imax and was “unlike any other movie I have seen in terms of absorbing the viewer” 

About time they let the films biggest draw start making appearances. 

So, risking to starting another discussion but hopefully not: here’s the damn interview about CGI (starts at 3 minutes) 

With that i think we can say very precisely that the interviewer is the one who got it wrong for say there’s no CGI in the movie. Nolan did said there’s no cgi SHOTS in the movie, which in the context of what he says after about the work of his visual effects team on the movie is very obviously that there’s not a full image fully CGI-made on the movie, but a bunch of practical effects primarily that as we know needs some CGI touches here and there but it isn’t an actual full CGI shot that most of movies have at some degree.

I think that if there is a cgi element to it it shouldn't have been a film about bombs y'know what I am saying? 

But anyways it is nolan so it should have a missing human element which is due to his soulless but amazing direction, which is quite to the contrary of the strong starcast 

so i think we can say that starcast will be essential to this movie, the actors in this movie will have a role to play in its quality, which is mindblowing truly especially for a bomb blowing movie

5 hours ago, MightyDargon said:

I already now hate this movie (and Barbie) because of the marketing.

Oh well. At least I got to deep six THE GREATEST SUPERHERO MOVIE SINCE THE DARK KNIGHT.

What marketing? Shots of Cillian staring blankly afar?

5 hours ago, ThomasNicole said:

So, risking to starting another discussion but hopefully not: here’s the damn interview about CGI (starts at 3 minutes) 

With that i think we can say very precisely that the interviewer is the one who got it wrong for say there’s no CGI in the movie. Nolan did said there’s no cgi SHOTS in the movie, which in the context of what he says after about the work of his visual effects team on the movie is very obviously that there’s not a full image fully CGI-made on the movie, but a bunch of practical effects primarily that as we know needs some CGI touches here and there but it isn’t an actual full CGI shot that most of movies have at some degree.

So yeah, just like I’ve imagined, Frosty wasn’t lying when he says that Nolan claimed - falsely - that "there’re no CGI shots in the movie". I thought it was possible that this interview wouldn’t even see the light of the day since that’s not a good look, but good job on Frosty and Collider on releasing the whole thing.

I’m not starting the whole thing again, but I think it’s important to give credit to the people that you know,  are working on Oppenheimer and are saying that this is a bunch of bullshit:

For those wondering, Daniel Fernandez is the VFX CG Supervisor at Neg, responsible for you know, the CGI shots on Oppenheimer that Nolan is saying it doesn’t exist.

Edit: 

And btw, what Daniel said just a few hours ago in Spanish here is far more damning and direct than anything he said in English on his account:

Translation:

"What this situation deserves is that we go on strike, seriously. Then the nonsense would stop. Let’s have them sending the work to India to see how it goes... or that they do it all practical, totally, since they already do it, am I right? The VFX strike would be every worse than the Writers strike."

This isn’t just about Nolan, mind you. This is about every single studio and how they exploit VFX studios with some having the audacity of negating the work of people that are literally working in the film and calling the director out while the film isn’t even out yet.

Edited by ZattMurdock

9 hours ago, hasanahmad said:

who else feels like Studio behind Oppenheimer is loving the free marketing the film is getting with Barbie

Actually have Universal and WB officially acknowledge the phenomenon? I feel like most of the meme and viral are grass root campaign instead of an official collaboration between two studio.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Borobudur said:

Actually have Universal and WB officially acknowledge the phenomenon? I feel like most of the meme and viral are grass root campaign instead of an official collaboration between two studio.

Greta and Margot posed with the Oppenheimer poster (mirroring Tom Cruise), but other than that it’s been an entirely organic campaign. Probably why it will be cringe when studios try to manufacture similar things in future.

• Like 1

Kenneth Turan, former LA Times critic:

Arguably Nolan’s most impressive work yet in the way it combines his acknowledged visual mastery with one of the deepest character dives in recent American cinema, “Oppenheimer” demanded to be explored on its own in as much depth as possible.

https://www.latimes.com/entertainment-arts/movies/story/2023-07-11/christopher-nolan-oppenheimer-cillian-murphy-robert-downey-jr

• Like 1