MrPink

Oppenheimer | 2024 Academy Award Winner for Best Picture and Best Director

6 minutes ago, 35MM-18 said:

Haven't seen Insomnia yet?

Funnily the only film of his he doesn't have a writing credit on, Hillary Seitz gets the credit for that one.

Edited by Lucas

Just now, MrPink said:

My think is that RDJ might vault into the top of the supporting actor race, but Cillian is probably more of a nom than frontrunner

Yes, it seems like his performance feeds off this stellar cast and exists within it. 

1 minute ago, MrPink said:

My think is that RDJ might vault into the top of the supporting actor race, but Cillian is probably more of a nom than frontrunner

He wouldn't beat Gosling but I def think RDJ will get a nomination. He is going to campaign and it's a reminder of how great an actor he truly is. It'll probably be his most acclaimed performance since Tropic Thunder and it's another "welcome back nom"

These reactions have me really excited and it's making me wanna go back and check out some Nolan films I haven't seen in a hot minute like The Prestige or Interstellar (both of which I ranked low and I feel like I need to re-evaluate them).

Unsure if Oppy will come close to the trifecta of Inception, TDK, and Dunkirk for me but hopefully it does!

• Like 1

This Nolan can't write women noise is dull, boring and unfounded. You can say he is not choosing projects that involves a lot of women. That is all that can be said. DUNKIRK, OPPENHEIMER takes place in the 40s, 50s with heavy male present at the given situations. TENET is a bromance and you don't have many SH films apart from a few that is not centered around male lead.

He can't write women? These characters say otherwise: The Blonde (Following), Natalie (Memento), Ellie (Insomnia), Ariadne (Inception), Selina (TDKR), Murphy and Amelia (Interstellar - the whole core of the film is the father-daughter relationship and Murph is the saviour of humanity)

Suppose he should cast Anne Hathaway again.

Edited by The Dark Alfred

16 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

Unsurprising, placing Barbie on that date was an obviously spiteful move on WB's part. Nolan wasn't the most diplomatic in his departure, so I'm not sure what else he expected?

Even disregarding the third weekend of July being "Nolan's weekend", box office watchers were questioning if the scheduling is ideal given the PLF situation since theaters reopened. It's going to work out great for both movies, but a few months ago no one was entirely sure.

I personally think the memes have helped Oppenheimer awareness, especially when every glimpse of Barbie was going viral vs Universal just releasing different stills of Cillian Murphy in that hat. The movie got publicity while Nolan got to maintain his secretive, tight-lipped ways. A win-win for everyone, really.

• Like 3