MrPink

Oppenheimer | 2024 Academy Award Winner for Best Picture and Best Director

3 minutes ago, MrPink said:

I think the double feature might be a thing (...I may or may not be one of these people) but it'll be a mostly negligible thing. Free marketing and counter-programming is nice though.

The question is how many non-Nolan fans would do that and I'm willing to bet it's so small a number as to be statistically insignificant. As you said though, it will be all about the counter-programming here. If nothing else, it will probably be the healthiest box office weekend in a very long while (depending on MI7's hold as well).

There's a guy on reddit who claims to have seen it and he says the finale 20 minutes are epic and that it will drive repeat viewings. I don't think this is spoilers,

Here's what he has to say about the movie

Spoiler

I’m extremely biased because I love every Nolan movie…I enjoyed it more than Tenet and Dunkirk, but it isn’t near his best movie. There were a couple lulls where I felt the long runtime, but it was never boring. There were some scenes that felt “artsy” that weren’t my favorite.

I think I missed out seeing it on a normal movie screen. There is a lot that’s probably considerably better on IMAX. The fact is this movie is gonna get repeats just to see the last 20 minutes or so. The buildup and ending are…epic. If it hadn’t stuck the landing so well, I could see this being rotten with critics.

13 minutes ago, Maggie said:

There's a guy on reddit who claims to have seen it and he says the finale 20 minutes are epic and that it will drive repeat viewings. I don't think this is spoilers,

Hide contents

I’m extremely biased because I love every Nolan movie…I enjoyed it more than Tenet and Dunkirk, but it isn’t near his best movie. There were a couple lulls where I felt the long runtime, but it was never boring. There were some scenes that felt “artsy” that weren’t my favorite.

I think I missed out seeing it on a normal movie screen. There is a lot that’s probably considerably better on IMAX. The fact is this movie is gonna get repeats just to see the last 20 minutes or so. The buildup and ending are…epic. If it hadn’t stuck the landing so well, I could see this being rotten with critics.

Seems bullshit to me. He heard something elsewhere and just put them there. 

3 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

Seems bullshit to me. He heard something elsewhere and just put them there. 

Who knows. We have so little, i'm just sharing. Here's what he said about Nolan saying the movie is a horror.

Spoiler

I saw Oppenheimer the weekend before last (friends in high places). This movie doesn’t resemble a horror movie in the slightest. It has tense moments like anything of this genre (one scene in particular reminded me of Spy Game) but at most I’d call it a thriller. Also, not much of an R rating. I’ll have no problem bringing my kids to this.

Edited by Maggie

1 hour ago, Issac Newton said:

In Japan, Oppenheimer release remain undecided.

Meanwhile, I hear that they are rereleasing PEARL HARBOR yet again...

Edited by excel1

18 minutes ago, Maggie said:

Reveal hidden contents

pm link to this guy please thanks

What makes me pause and think he may be lying is

Spoiler

the reveal about the last 20 minutes being epic. I thought we will be shown the aftermath of the bombing, so how can those final minutes be the most epic and not the bombing? unless, Nolan is playing with time again.

So he’s shown the movie by a higher up at Universal (his insinuation) and decides to post about it at Reddit?

Scroll through his post history shows he hated EEAAO. Not sure he’s in a position to judge the critical reception of Oppenheimer.

Also sceptical of the way he dismisses Cillian’s performance as basically average.

2 minutes ago, Maggie said:

What makes me pause and think he may be lying is

Hide contents

the reveal about the last 20 minutes being epic. I thought we will be shown the aftermath of the bombing, so how can those final minutes be the most epic and not the bombing? unless, Nolan is playing with time again.

its definitely wont have linear narration. Nolan movies are rarely linear. Its already known there is black and white and color portions and I expect scenes to intersect between the 2. Details I dont want to put for now as that would be spoilerish. 

• Like 1

Just now, Redolent said:

So he’s shown the movie by a higher up at Universal (his insinuation) and decides to post about it at Reddit?

Scroll through his post history shows he hated EEAAO. Not sure he’s in a position to judge the critical reception of Oppenheimer.

Also sceptical of the way he dismisses Cillian’s performance as basically average.

EEAAO is polarizing. I personally hated it too

2 minutes ago, MrPink said:

I think it was pretty funny to see the poster saying Climate Change is a made up world problem

Are we gonna dox him now? What's important is that he says he's a Nolan fan.

Anyway, the waiting is killing me. when does the review embargo lift? any news?

Edited by Maggie

I think Barbie/Oppenheimer weekend is going to save summer. I've had two colleagues at work who have never seen a movie outside TGM last year tell me how excited they are for this. I think this has become a real event for (mostly white) adults. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Cmasterclay said:

I think Barbie/Oppenheimer weekend is going to save summer. I've had two colleagues at work who have never seen a movie outside TGM last year tell me how excited they are for this. I think this has become a real event for (mostly white) adults. 

Yeah, the movie will open big. I'm also curios about legs and how it will be received by the audience