MrPink

Oppenheimer | 2024 Academy Award Winner for Best Picture and Best Director

2 minutes ago, Redolent said:

Latest Quorum survey out - awareness of Oppenheimer continuing to rise very quickly.

https://thequorum.com/film/?filmID=300

I still think they need to do more highlight the stacked cast - a lot of people still have no idea who’s in this movie.

I just hope awareness stays mellow before I buy my ticket in a few days... I hope.

• Like 2

My mom was like "Is it really going to sell out? It's a movie about the atomic bomb..."

Well yeah it's going to sell out because I'm watching it in an IMAX 70mm film presentation.

People already bought tickets for the weekday I'm planning on seeing it.

Was trying to change my seats from Friday to Thursday for the local LIEMAX and all the decent seats are already sold out for both Thursday showings. I think this'll be big, $50m+ wouldn't surprise me at all at this point

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1

11 minutes ago, TMP said:

Was trying to change my seats from Friday to Thursday for the local LIEMAX and all the decent seats are already sold out for both Thursday showings. I think this'll be big, $50m+ wouldn't surprise me at all at this point

Certainly hope it's at least a double laser place, but that's not really LIEMAX in my view.

Christppher Nolan is my favorite active working director and I am really looking forward to this but these tickets sales are kind of shocking to me. Its a 3 hour R rated talkie movie about the atomic bomb. This opening higher than a pre pandemic movie like Once Upon a Time in Hollywood would be crazy.

2 minutes ago, emoviefan said:

Christppher Nolan is my favorite active working director and I am really looking forward to this but these tickets sales are kind of shocking to me. Its a 3 hour R rated talkie movie about the atomic bomb. This opening higher than a pre pandemic movie like Once Upon a Time in Hollywood would be crazy.

It's mostly IMAX that's selling well... I dunno how well the regular standard showtimes will sell.

Just now, ThomasNicole said:

Everything is selling well, it’s just VERY premium heavy, which was expected tbh 

I’m also thinking 50-60M OW

Really hope it and MI can coexist. Will be interesting tomorrow to see how that comes out of the gate in presales. 

• Like 3

Oppenheimer is a World War 2 thriller movie with a very bankable cast coming from one of, if not the most consistent director working in Hollywood today. It's really not as niche as it's made out to be, in fact it's a pretty universally appealing story. I think 60m OW/200m DOM would be really good and maybe 500-600m WW.

• Like 1

I just hope that if this ends up in the 35-45 range for opening weekend, we don't see a pivot on the conversation with it considered a failure because of these 50-60 million posts. It's selling well especially in IMAX, but given the director that's to be expected. Will it break out broader especially with walk-ups? That's the question  if it doesn't and opens in the 40 range, it's still a big success (though the final judgement will be dependent on legs)...