Eric Prime

⊃∪∩⪽ Part II | March 1, 2024 | Reactions drop February 15, reviews February 21 | Zendaya for our next C-3P0

29 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

Chapek and Zaslav seem to cause people to overreact in ways which are very irritating.  

CHapek I think has made a number of mistakes, but I don't get the hatred of Zaslev.

A lot of it people just don't get the realities of running a business. Warners is deeply in debt, Zaslev was brought in to fix it. He is cutting costs and it's not going to be pretty.Granted, the decision not even to stream Batgirl is a bit puzzling, (I fully understand why they will not release a film they think is a sure fire bomb and add tens of millions to the red ink) but if Zaslev messes up, he will soon be gone.

1 hour ago, Ronin46 said:

What odds are you giving. This is not comparable at all. I expect this to do very well. 

Dune did well and made a profit for Warners. Dune 2 is safe, and it it makes money other Dune films will follow. One reason Warners took a chance on this is it had real possiblities as a long term franchise, given all the Dune novels out there..though tthe quality of a lo tof the later ones is pretty bad.

David Zaslav sounds like a real money-pinching asshole, but the majority of this movie is being financed by Legendary, so even if Zaslav isn’t confident in it (which would be stupid, because the first film already did better than anyone was expecting), he would hopefully be less inclined to can it. Of course, even if he does scrap it, I imagine Legendary might try to take the movie elsewhere. 

36 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

David Zaslav sounds like a real money-pinching asshole, but the majority of this movie is being financed by Legendary, so even if Zaslav isn’t confident in it (which would be stupid, because the first film already did better than anyone was expecting), he would hopefully be less inclined to can it. Of course, even if he does scrap it, I imagine Legendary might try to take the movie elsewhere. 

That is why he was hired. Warners is deep in debt and they have to cut costs and start paying the debt down befor ethe interest kills them.

You can question his decisions..I don't get the not even releasing it to streaming.

Legendary will have to be paid back its investment by warners, or, sell the total rights to legendary. But of course if it really is as bad as the WB execs think it is,Legendary might just take it investtment and run.

2 minutes ago, dudalb said:

That is why he was hired. Warners is deep in debt and they have to cut costs and start paying the debt down befor ethe interest kills them.

You can question his decisions..I don't get the not even releasing it to streaming.

Legendary will have to be paid back its investment by warners, or, sell the total rights to legendary. But of course if it really is as bad as the WB execs think it is,Legendary might just take it investtment and run.

If what is as bad? Dune Part II? The movie’s barely even started filming. 

37 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

Can we put to bed any suggestion Dune Part II is going to be scrapped? 

DUne 2 will be scrapped, The Flash will go straight to streamiing and WB will never release another movie.

At least that seems to be a popular opinion around here.

12 minutes ago, dudalb said:

DUne 2 will be scrapped, The Flash will go straight to streamiing and WB will never release another movie.

At least that seems to be a popular opinion around here.

Apparently Disney is dying and Pixar and WDAS will close down too. Honestly the amount of hyperbole on here drives me mad.

1 minute ago, Jonwo said:

Apparently Disney is dying and Pixar and WDAS will close down too. Honestly the amount of hyperbole on here drives me mad.

And, as I stated in another thread, by people who have no experience in business, and who could not run a corner lemonade stand sucessfully.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Batgirl. I thought your statment on Legendary was about Batgirl.

No? This is the Dune thread. Legendary had nothing to with the Batgirl movie. My point was that Legendary are the ones financing the vast majority of this movie, so even if Zaslav decided to scrap it, they would likely just take the project to another studio. 

Edited by WittyUsername

3 hours ago, dudalb said:

Dune Awaskeing is a remake of the classic "Dune 2" real time strategy game from the early 1990's.

How is an "open world survival MMO" a remake of an RTS game?  It doesn't look like it will have anything to do with Dune 2 other than the setting.

• Haha 1

On 8/2/2022 at 4:45 PM, dudalb said:

CHapek I think has made a number of mistakes, but I don't get the hatred of Zaslev.

A lot of it people just don't get the realities of running a business. Warners is deeply in debt, Zaslev was brought in to fix it. He is cutting costs and it's not going to be pretty.Granted, the decision not even to stream Batgirl is a bit puzzling, (I fully understand why they will not release a film they think is a sure fire bomb and add tens of millions to the red ink) but if Zaslev messes up, he will soon be gone.

Zaslev's actions since I made this post have made me change my mind on Zaslev. I dont hate him but I think he is in way over his head.

I would not be surprised if Dune moves; any body with any sense knows that the date moves announced yesterday will have a domino effect and cause other moves down the line. WB just wants to space out the announcements to avoid evne more stockholder panic.