Eric the IF

⊃∪∩⪽ Part II | March 1, 2024 | Reactions drop February 15, reviews February 21 | Zendaya for our next C-3P0

5 hours ago, John Marston said:

I think they will move it up at least one week to

Oct 27 so they can get IMAX for two weeks 

Halloween/pre Halloween weekend? I doubt it. That's one of the traditional dead weekends of the year. It'll either move ahead of that or open the holiday box office weekend exactly where it is in the first weekend of November.

17 hours ago, TwoMisfits said:

Dune has the power position on staying put - it already has its contracts and its audience isn't the Hunger Games or the Marvels.  I think Dune stays exactly where it is, and everything else reacts around it.  It won't move to Dec b/c Aquaman 2 is already there, and WB won't compete with its own tentpole...

I foresee more changes to the Nov schedule, but the changes won't involve Dune.

This isn't going to have just one week of IMAX screens, which won't be possible with The Marvels in its second weekend now (and almost certainly having stronger leverage as a sequel to a $400M+ movie). This will more likely than not move back to its original October 20 date since October looks really barren right now and could use a tentpole + would allow three weeks of IMAX/PLF screens (also more distance between WB's two expensive Chalamet-led fourth quarter titles).

I am feeling good about this breaking out big, This movie wont have the baggage of WB's crazy decision to go day and date streaming and scope of this movie is bigger. Plus this has Austin Butler and Florence Pugh. This is the movie for me this fall. Cant wait to see it on a Dolby theater for sure. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Wait, the whole thing is gonna be 1:43??

I'm setting my expectations at 1.91 throughout WITH 1.43 sprinkled in but if its all 1.43 OH MY GAAAAAAAWD.

Spoiler

And please put the imax footage on the disc this time Denis, all the cropped 2.35 shots on 4k don't look great.

3 minutes ago, TheDude391 said:

I'm setting my expectations at 1.91 throughout WITH 1.43 sprinkled in but if its all 1.43 OH MY GAAAAAAAWD.

Reveal hidden contents

If it's 1.43 for the entire movie, it's just a full screen movie.

Better to do it like Maverick, mostly widescreen and opening the picture for action scenes.

25 minutes ago, babz06 said:

Trailer coming next month probably, it’s going to play in front of The Flash. 

This makes the most sense cause exposure will be big. 

This is gonna outgross the first by leaps and bounds.

Edited by Valonqar