Eric the IF

⊃∪∩⪽ Part II | March 1, 2024 | Reactions drop February 15, reviews February 21 | Zendaya for our next C-3P0

9 minutes ago, TheDude391 said:

That's what Dune 1 did but...going full 1.43 really sells the sheer scale in a way widescreen never can. The verticality provided is immense.

Didn't know IMAX release had changing aspect ratios! I was only able to see it on a regular screen.

The Dune physical media release was a constant 2.39 throughout. Sucks they didn't keep the changing ratio for video release like Maverick, which greatly enhanced that movie.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

Didn't know IMAX release had changing aspect ratios! I was only able to see it on a regular screen.

The Dune physical media release was a constant 2.39 throughout. Sucks they didn't keep the changing ratio for video release like Maverick, which greatly enhanced that movie.

Yeah, I wanna say about 35-40% of Dune 1's runtime opened up from 2.39 to 1.43? Here's some comparison footage if you're curious!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

WB and IMAX totally are gonna double-dip here and IMAX will allow WB to release a version with changing aspect ratios in a couple of years. Probably for a Dune duology home video release or something.

They did that for Batman v Superman, and the IMAX 4k disc actually went 2.35 to 1.43. A bit jarring when it switched at home but you got the full imax shot finally, looked awesome.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

WB and IMAX totally are gonna double-dip here and IMAX will allow WB to release a version with changing aspect ratios in a couple of years. Probably for a Dune duology home video release or something.

If these are both full frame in a future home video release, I can't wait to waste my time watching them just for that. I wasted 3 hrs a week ago watching BvS and ZSJL at 2x speed just to look at how they use the 1:43 frame lol.

• Haha 1

This movie has a horrible release date. The Marvels the week after, then Hunger Games + Trolls, then Wish. It's the type of movie that really needs PLFs. And Warner's December slate will end up cannibalizing itself. If I were in charge, I would re-arrange the movies like this

Dune 2: October 20, 2023

Wonka: December 1, 2023

Aquaman 2: December 15, 2023

The Color Purple: December 29, 2024

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Lurrrrk said:

This movie has a horrible release date. The Marvels the week after, then Hunger Games + Trolls, then Wish. It's the type of movie that really needs PLFs. And Warner's December slate will end up cannibalizing itself. If I were in charge, I would re-arrange the movies like this

Dune 2: October 20, 2023

Wonka: December 1, 2023

Aquaman 2: December 15, 2023

The Color Purple: December 29, 2024

I'm expecting WB to move Dune to mid Oct any day now. They still have time since we hadn't gotten the teaser yet.

Loking really good. Read the full article. It seems that they are making changes to characters and relationships

Jessica and Chani, antimosity is a new thing for sure, and Jessica actually tried to dissuade Paul from fulfilling his destiny as Mahdi in the book, not press him into it

but I'm not a purist so l'm on board. 

Edited by Valonqar