Eric the Fall Guy

⊃∪∩⪽ Part II | March 1, 2024 | Reactions drop February 15, reviews February 21 | Zendaya for our next C-3P0

Denis wrote the write-up for Zendaya's TIME 100 Influential People List

This bit is giving such proud dad vibes that it's amazing 🥲

Zendaya is the future. And there is nothing more comforting to me. This is only the beginning.

Edited by Spidey Freak
  • Like 1

On 5/25/2022 at 11:22 AM, WittyUsername said:

The production lead time for this movie is going to be cutting it close. 

That seems to be SOP for big movies nowdays.

Once the contracts with the theaters are signer, you have to meet release date. If you miss, the finiancial penlaties are  huge.

SOmeday a studio will be bit in the butt bigtime by missing release date.

Edited by dudalb

On 5/25/2022 at 7:22 PM, WittyUsername said:

The production lead time for this movie is going to be cutting it close. 

Balde Runner 2049, which should be an equally technically challenging movie to make, began shooting in July 2016,  wrapped next November and was released in October 2017, so it's a very similar production schedule to Dune Part II.

Also, Villeneuve is a director that released three big productions in three consecutive years;

2015 : Sicario

2016: Arrival

2017: Blade Runner 2049

So he's clearly a fairly fast director

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Merkel said:

Balde Runner 2049, which should be an equally technically challenging movie to make, began shooting in July 2016,  wrapped next November and was released in October 2017, so it's a very similar production schedule to Dune Part II.

Also, Villeneuve is a director that released three big productions in three consecutive years;

2015 : Sicario

2016: Arrival

2017: Blade Runner 2049

So he's clearly a fairly fast director

Yeah, but still, cutting it this close is not a good idea. 

Intresting that Fenrings are onboard. I thought they would get Tom Bombadil'd cause their plot never went anywhere. 

I freaked out that they cast her as Irulan like WTF? :lol: Speaking of, the article says that Butler and Pugh were recently announced but to my knowedlge only Butler was. Pugh news was in March and only that she was in negotiations. I googled it and outside of that March rumor, nothing else pops up. 

On 6/21/2022 at 10:46 AM, Valonqar said:

Intresting that Fenrings are onboard. I thought they would get Tom Bombadil'd cause their plot never went anywhere. 

It might just be Margot for the Feyd scenes to showcase his depravity. Kinda like Ros to his Joffrey but hopefully better written and treated.

39 minutes ago, Spidey Freak said:

It might just be Margot for the Feyd scenes to showcase his depravity. Kinda like Ros to his Joffrey but hopefully better written and treated.

It's funny (books spoiler)

Margot had a daughter by Feyd in order to preserve Harkonen bloodline (even though they were preserved through Jessica, Paul, his children Ghanima and Leto II, and Alia) but none of the books following Dune ever picked that up. It remained just a pointless reference.

On 6/22/2022 at 6:19 AM, Valonqar said:

It's funny (books spoiler)

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

Wasn't this child trained to assassinate Paul but was killed by Alia at a luncheon or something? My knowledge of the latter books, especially the new ones cowritten by Herbert Jr., is fuzzy and only gleaned through bits and pieces from Wikia pages and YouTube videos but I thought I read something of the sort re Margot and Feyd's daughter.

The new books look, sound and feel like utter hackery so the more I get to know about them, the less inclined I am to actually pick them up. 

2 hours ago, Spidey Freak said:

Hide contents

Wasn't this child trained to assassinate Paul but was killed by Alia at a luncheon or something? My knowledge of the latter books, especially the new ones cowritten by Herbert Jr., is fuzzy and only gleaned through bits and pieces from Wikia pages and YouTube videos but I thought I read something of the sort re Margot and Feyd's daughter.

The new books look, sound and feel like utter hackery so the more I get to know about them, the less inclined I am to actually pick them up. 

Yes, it must be one of Brian Herbert's hack jobs which I didn't read. The daughter doesn't appear in Dune Messiah and Children of Dune where she would be Alia's age (Alia died at 28). God Emperor of Dune has a massive time jump of 1000 years.

Just now, Lucas said:

The way I began sensing a massive panic attack coming until I continued reading and saw it's only a month.

I was this close to crying if they actually bumped this to 2024, but this is like the perfect date, only because I get to see my baby back to back. I might even do a Dune/Wonka double feature :D

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Lucas said:

The way I began sensing a massive panic attack coming until I continued reading and saw it's only a month.

lol same. I liked the first one much more than I had imagined, don't want to wait longer than necessary.