Eric the IF

⊃∪∩⪽ Part II | March 1, 2024 | Reactions drop February 15, reviews February 21 | Zendaya for our next C-3P0

On 8/30/2022 at 5:11 PM, The Eric King said:

This new one gon' be huuuuuuuuuuuuuge

Yeah it's also the #3 overall bestseller (DVD+Blu-ray). Around 820k total now. It's crazy how it has outsold The Batman, Doctor Strange 2, Uncharted, Eternals, Shang-Chi, Fantastic Beasts, Sing 2...think Top Gun, Jurassic World and Minions will surpass it so prob #6 bestseller of 2022. 

Should be well past 1M disc sales in the US by the time Part 2 rolls around. 

Edited by ando

6 hours ago, ando said:

Yeah it's also the #3 overall bestseller (DVD+Blu-ray). Around 820k total now. It's crazy how it has outsold The Batman, Doctor Strange 2, Uncharted, Eternals, Shang-Chi, Fantastic Beasts, Sing 2...think Top Him, Jurassic World and Minions will surpass it so prob #6 bestseller of 2022. 

Should be well past 1M disc sales in the US by the time Part 2 rolls around. 

HBO MAX really did screw over the first Dune's performance. Day to day release date was dumb. Such bad luck to be coming out near the tail end of the pandemic hysteria, now nobody cares about covid.

$200m for Dune 2?

Edited by Mojoguy
  • Like 3

WB still has a bit of logjam in December where they have Wonka, The Color Purple, and Aquaman all scheduled for release in less than three weeks of each other so I'm surprised they didn't move one of those instead. I'm guessing we're about to see a bunch of 2023 release date musical chairs soon.

20 minutes ago, filmlover said:

WB still has a bit of logjam in December where they have Wonka, The Color Purple, and Aquaman all scheduled for release in less than three weeks of each other so I'm surprised they didn't move one of those instead. I'm guessing we're about to see a bunch of 2023 release date musical chairs soon.

Aquaman is likely staying put. But They’re probably gonna move the color purple or Wonka. 

9 hours ago, filmlover said:

It's odd that they didn't move Wonka to Dune's previous date

4 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

November 3rd is a good date, assuming Disney doesn’t change their minds and move The Marvels there. 

I would say if The Marvels moves to November, I could see WB potentially moving up Blue Beetle to July. I think both will stay put. 

On 10/14/2022 at 1:36 PM, lilmac said:

Dune 2 is my anticipated film of 2023. 

Also mine. Dune is a masterpiece, even better sci fi world building than star wars packed into an amazing 2h 35 min length!

Edited by Halba