LPLC

Spiderman : No Way Home - Box office thread

1 hour ago, LPLC said:

Anyone know how many views did the 2nd trailer for NWH get ? Why did Sony not share the info ?

Charlie estimated roughly 250M but we don't have official numbers. No idea why Sony, or someone else, didn't estimate the views this time around. 

Edited by VenomXXR

5 minutes ago, VenomXXR said:

Charlie estimated roughly 250M but we don't have official numbers. No idea why Sony, or someone else, didn't estimate the views this time around. 

Its rare to know the sec trailer views i think, aside some exceptions like endgame.

18 minutes ago, LPLC said:

The first NWH screenings at "Le Grand REX" (the largest cinema in France) are already full in 10 minutes ... .

@charlie Jatinder @Eternal Legion Do we have any eyes on OS markets right now? I mean France isn't even on the level of the US for superhero films, so this bodes extremely well. 

21 hours ago, Carlangonz said:

I'm finally taking a look at Cinépolis. Lack of shows at Cinemex puts it close to IW but here seems to be ahead of IW and somepoint halfway between that one and EG. $120M+ OD is coming.

8 hours ago, Carlangonz said:

From early counting I can tell you this obliterated Infinity War's Day One (and at least six more days). And I have great news, I had a backup database where I tracked all of Endgame's full opening day incl. midnights so this will be fun.

Mexico 

On 11/28/2021 at 6:43 PM, VenomXXR said:

@charlie Jatinder @Eternal Legion Do we have any eyes on OS markets right now? I mean France isn't even on the level of the US for superhero films, so this bodes extremely well. 

Well original trilogy were massive in France including SM3 with alltime OD admissions record. No surprise this was massive with T and A return.

13 minutes ago, druv10 said:

Well original trilogy were massive in France including SM3 with alltime OD admissions record. No surprise this was massive with T and A return.

Yes in France, the hype is huge. As I said a few weeks ago, I think NWH will reach something between 4M and 5M admissions and will surely finish #1 of the year ahead of NTTD.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Carlangonz said:

I lost my Cinépolis tracking (only NWH luckily) by mistake :(

But

At Cinemex, No Way Home is flying above Endgame's first day of sales. No Way Home is below in sold-outs but far above in overall sales.

At Cinépolis from my early comps it seemed to be slightly below but still stronger than Infinity War.

Mexico 

AMC Theatres recorded the second busiest day of ticket sales for a single movie in the circuit’s 101-year history on Monday, November 29 with the pre-sale launch of Sony’sSpider-Man: No Way Home. The superhero sequel came within 1.5 percent of the all-time single day record for one title, set byAvengers: Endgamein 2019

11 minutes ago, VenomXXR said:

Lets pump up those numbers a bit, LPLC!

Honestly, there is so much hype that 5.5M-6.5M admissions wouldn't even shock me. Obviously there is less hype than AEG (6.9M admissions), so don't expect anything above 7M admissions.

However, I try not to be too optimistic and to remain realistic especially with the rise of COVID (on the other hand, there will surely be no containment so do not worry about that)

4 minutes ago, LPLC said:

Honestly, there is so much hype that 5.5M-6.5M admissions wouldn't even shock me. Obviously there is less hype than AEG (6.9M admissions), so don't expect anything above 7M admissions.

However, I try not to be too optimistic and to remain realistic especially with the rise of COVID (on the other hand, there will surely be no containment so do not worry about that)

I don't think NWH has more hype than Endgame domestically either but it may still beat it with holiday legs. Does France (or Europe in general) see better holds over the holidays like the domestic market does? 

Slow yourself fella. I know big numbers are exciting but respect the numbers that are done in past. Its not like Endgame had bad response on top of way higher hype. 

Endgame probably sold same amount of tickets in US as TFA, so there is a ceiling there. 

BP did had probably close to 70M admits vs ~83M for Endgame but that had external factor of one race over indexing big time. I think 60M admits in USA/CAN i.e. $630M+ is a good target.

Accordingly, perhaps 5M in France be a good target.

No matter how strong superhero genre is, it does have its limitations, as evident in developed markets. Yeah Asian markets like India, SEA have these film as top Hollywood movies, that's because Hollywood don't cater to full market in these countries, just to a fraction of locals, who are mostly young English speaking/aware with English culture.

Edited by charlie Jatinder
  • Disbelief 1

8 hours ago, VenomXXR said:

I don't think NWH has more hype than Endgame domestically either but it may still beat it with holiday legs. Does France (or Europe in general) see better holds over the holidays like the domestic market does? 

Ofc