LPLC

Spiderman : No Way Home - Box office thread

55 minutes ago, Bruce said:

over 2.36m admissions by 3rd weekend.9th biggest of all time,it pass Joker by 4th Monday and become 8th biggest of all time,maybe end at 7th biggest fo all time,beating Asu Mare 3 's 2.6m admissions

Isn't 2.36m till 6th?

Peru Attendance~

OW - 950k                                                                               [=  4.4m$ (Sony's number)]

1st Week - 1.43m (480k) 

2nd Week - 2.01m <till 30th Dec [was 2.05m on 31st Dec]

3rd W-end - 2.181m [180k]

3rd Week [Till 6th Jan] - 2.36m 

HIGHEST:

1) Avengers Endgame : 3,860,992

2) El Rey León : 3,447,618

3) Avengers Infinity War : 3,140,560

4) ¡Asu Mare 2! : 3,062,023

5) ¡Asu Mare!  :   3,023,606

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Shanks said:

Isn't 2.36m till 6th?

Peru Attendance~

OW - 950k                                                                               [=  4.4m$ (Sony's number)]

1st Week - 1.43m (480k) 

2nd Week - 2.01m <till 30th Dec [was 2.05m on 31st Dec]

3rd W-end - 2.181m [180k]

3rd Week [Till 6th Jan] - 2.36m 

HIGHEST:

1) Avengers Endgame : 3,860,992

2) El Rey León : 3,447,618

3) Avengers Infinity War : 3,140,560

4) ¡Asu Mare 2! : 3,062,023

5) ¡Asu Mare!  :   3,023,606

2,7M admissions / $12M-$13M final run ?

Edited by LPLC

It may seem strange to say but the incredible success of No Way Home almost makes the success of Infinity War less incredible (which as I would like to remember grossed $2.05 billion, and it did it in April and May)

Retrospectively there are some markets where it could have done even more, such as the US (twenty million more to be at least on par with Black Panther), and maybe also a few million more in the UK (where it ended quite close to the total of The Beauty and the Beast), Mexico (where strangely it has grossed less than in Brazil), Japan, Australia, Italy and perhaps also in China, since a total of 370 million after a first weekend of 190 million isn't even a x2 multiplier

Edited by MG10

38 minutes ago, Tokugennumataka said:

So where's NWH heading to in the UK? Previously I'd have said close to £90M, but after this killer hold, can it hit £100M? 

I mean it’s running ahead of NTTD at the same point in time, and NTTD is at £96M….

Let’s just say I wouldn’t bet on it, but it’s at least feasible. 

3 hours ago, MG10 said:

It may seem strange to say but the incredible success of No Way Home almost makes the success of Infinity War less incredible (which as I would like to remember grossed 2.05 billion in April and May)

Retrospectively there are some markets where it could have done even more, such as the US (twenty million more to be at least on par with Black Panther), and maybe also a few million more in the UK (where it ended quite close to the total of The Beauty and the Beast), Mexico (where strangely it has grossed less than in Brazil), Japan, Italy and perhaps also in China, since a total of 370 million after a first weekend of 190 million isn't even a x2 multiplier

Just looking at numbers, it sure does. But adjusting for circumstances and release time, IW would be over $2B+ with NWH release date and conditions without China.

1. NWH has XMAS + New Year without any sort of competition in most markets. IW not only released during April-May, it had to face Deadpool 2, Solo, and then slew of Summer releases. NWH has 3 months without any competition + holidays.

2. Post CoVID tickets have increased abnormally, increasing the gross.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Just looking at numbers, it sure does. But adjusting for circumstances and release time, IW would be over $2B+ with NWH release date and conditions without China.

1. NWH has XMAS + New Year without any sort of competition in most markets. IW not only released during April-May, it had to face Deadpool 2, Solo, and then slew of Summer releases. NWH has 3 months without any competition + holidays.

2. Post CoVID tickets have increased abnormally, increasing the gross.

The COVID decrease all movie box office and the enitre market,that's the truth.The disadvantage is far bigger than advantage.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, RiddlerXXR said:

£4.67M and it finished its 4th weekend right at £78M. 

So right now I’d say a finish of £91-93M is most likely but let’s see how well it continues to hold.

Oh. Then £100M is not happening. NTTD was quite leggy and don't see NWH making 5.6x this weekends gross. Regardless, thanks. 

21 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

CoVID impact is there if the cinemas are closed somewhere. If they aren't, its business as usual.

Almost all cinemas are open here. But with 70% capacity and 70% showtimes compared to pre-Covid. Not to mention only vaxxed people are allowed in the cinemas. At one point, children were not allowed. Even if they are now, a lot of families with children still opt to wait for the movies to be released on streaming platforms, instead of going to the cinemas. So even if they're open, the impact is there.

Edited by catlover
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

CoVID impact is there if the cinemas are closed somewhere. If they aren't, its business as usual.

Nah. Even when open, some people decline to go from fear (or vaccine rules).

Edited by Product Driven Legion
  • Like 5

59 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Please bhai. You are speaking nonsense. I am assistant teacher and my whole school recently closed down due winter and Covid, but we had plans for winter excursion and do you know what kids wanted to do? Our School has 2300 Kids and 79% votes went to "Watch NWH in cinema" vs. Trip to Taj Mahal, which would have been 2 days trip. 

We do survey in classes before deciding where to take Kids and most had given reason that they had not been allowed by parents to watch any movies in theatre past 2020. 

I mean, I too have watched NWH just once before Cinema closed down. I know hundreds of people in my own society who didn't go see it but had watched IW and EG many times simply because they lost someone to COVID and aren't ready to take risk by going in houseful cinema.

I understand you want to be champion for IW and EG but you don't need to put NWH down. 

Edited by anti-Pedantic
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, anti-Pedantic said:

Please bhai. You are speaking nonsense. I am assistant teacher and my whole school recently closed down due winter and Covid, but we had plans for winter excursion and do you know what kids wanted to do? Our School has 2300 Kids and 79% votes went to "Watch NWH in cinema" vs. Trip to Taj Mahal, which would have been 2 days trip. 

We do survey in classes before deciding where to take Kids and most had given reason that they had not been allowed by parents to watch any movies in theatre past 2020. 

I mean, I too have watched NWH just once before Cinema closed down. I know hundreds of people in my own society who didn't go see it but had watched IW and EG many times simply because they lost someone to COVID and aren't ready to take risk by going in houseful cinema.

I understand you want to be champion for IW and EG but you don't need to put NWH down. 

For Sure, I really don't understand why IW,EG should fight to NWH?It's just rediculous,They're all MCU,Spider-Man is the part of the Avengers and the important Character for Marvel,why there even exist a competition?

As a Marval fan,I understand that why many Marvel fans fight against DC fans because there are big competition between these two great comic companies ,but I don't really understand that NWH competition with EG or IW?if you are really Marvel fans,Marvel movie box office become higher and higher is the super good thing,I think we are all "Marvel" fans, not just "Avengers" fans

Edited by Bruce

Imagine that after 50 years,the highest grossing film of All-time is already inflate to $10B worldwide,and the Top 10 of All-time is inflate to $8B and Marvel's Peak is still Avengers Endgame with "just" $2.79B,out of top 100 of highest grossing film list,is that sounds good?Marvel Film box office get higher and more movie break Avengers Endgame is good and nice thing which means Marvel is still popular among next generation.

NWH 4th weekend in Romania is incredible,increase from 3rd Weekend,cross over RON 1m,best 4th weekend for Marvel movie in Romania,and is even the 2nd best 4th weekend ever only after Avatar's 4th weekend which gross RON 1.2m, I noticed that NWH opening is not that strong in Romania,but the leg is just so good,overall is already break RON 10.35m,biggest of 2021 in Romania,will become top 10 highest grossing film of all time in Romania,another market break in Top 10 of All time.(The current Top 10 in Romania is Jumanji:Welcome to Jungle,which gross RON 11.09m )

Edited by Bruce
  • Like 4
  • Astonished 1

9 hours ago, Bruce said:

Imagine that after 50 years,the highest grossing film of All-time is already inflate to $10B worldwide,and the Top 10 of All-time is inflate to $8B and Marvel's Peak is still Avengers Endgame with "just" $2.79B,out of top 100 of highest grossing film list,is that sounds good?Marvel Film box office get higher and more movie break Avengers Endgame is good and nice thing which means Marvel is still popular among next generation.

Avengers: Endgame has nearly 400M tickets sold worldwide. Only one film has sold more tickets than it in last 50 years. i.e. Titanic.

It will remain like that most likely with decrease in theater going in time.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, anti-Pedantic said:

10 hours ago, Bruce said:

For Sure, I really don't understand why IW,EG should fight to NWH? It's just rediculous, They're all MCU,Spider-Man is the part of the Avengers and the important Character for Marvel, why there even exist a competition?

NGL. I am being a champion for those two, especially IW. It is easier to overlook what those did in APRIL and come to conclusion that NWH has done better. Except Korea none of the major market has shown CoVID impact and Korea is the one showing it since start itself. There are few smaller markets which have shown higher impact, but it is nowhere close to what the XMAS and that too almost solo release XMAS boost is.

Without XMAS we would be looking at roughly 30% lower numbers in most western markets.

So what IW did deserve respect, getting 240M admits in WW-C during April is insane. 

Edited by charlie Jatinder
  • Like 1