LPLC

Spiderman : No Way Home - Box office thread

27 minutes ago, Product Driven Legion said:

Dude, your “maximums” are clearly not such. A number that keeps going up and up throughout a run is not a maximum in any reasonable meaning of the word.    

I appreciate the time to go through market by market, BUT — the lack of self reflection after almost every single number you’ve put out in this thread gets called too low at the time, you disagree, and then it in fact proves to be low is staggering.

Ok, I understand what you are saying but now I would like you to tell me in which countries, I put a maximum too low because I don't think I was pessimistic or optimistic but just realistic on all the countries, afterwards if you have any see where NWH can do more let me know and I'll fix it.

I rank the most impressive run for Marvel movie

1 Avengers Endgame【A true worldwide phenomenon】

2 Avengers Infinity War / The Avengers /  Spiderman-NWH【The All-time Blockbuster of all time in their era】

3 Black Panther【The 2nd most impressive run in DOM】

4 Spider-Man / Spider-Man3【Rami's Saga is super popular worldwide】

5 Avengers Age of Ultron【Not good performance for Avengers Series,but it's still huge】

Edited by Bruce

57 minutes ago, Bruce said:

4th Highest film in DOM and 6th Highest Grossing film in the world,Incredible performance.

Without COVID I think will be 3th in DOM and 4th worldwdie

There's still a decent shot at 3rd DOM, even now. 

If COVID had gone down the last 2 months (lets say by release day it was 75% lower than it actually was globally), I think $800M DOM and $1.15B OS-C would have happened. China would have likely done $300-400M. That puts us safely over Titanic and only behind Avatar and Endgame.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Bruce said:

I rank the most impressive run for Marvel movie

1 Avengers Endgame【A true worldwide phenomenon】

2 Avengers Infinity War / The Avengers /  Spiderman-NWH【The All-time Blockbuster of all time in their era】

3 Black Panther【The 2nd most impressive run in DOM】

4 Spider-Man / Spider-Man3【Rami's Saga is super popular worldwide】

5 Avengers Age of Ultron【Not good performance for Avengers Series,but it's still huge】

Missing IM3. 2nd biggest OW behind only avengers, only solo to get top 5 WW. 

1 hour ago, Product Driven Legion said:

Missing IM3. 2nd biggest OW behind only avengers, only solo to get top 5 WW. 

Yeah,I forget IM3,IM3 will bigger than Ultron,same level as Black Panther

Aonther solo get top 5 WW is Batman:The Dark Knight,4th Highest grossing film of all time back in 2008

The first Superman movie probably top 5 of all time WW,too

Edited by Bruce
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, RiddlerXXR said:

There's still a decent shot at 3rd DOM, even now. 

If COVID had gone down the last 2 months (lets say by release day it was 75% lower than it actually was globally), I think $800M DOM and $1.15B OS-C would have happened. China would have likely done $300-400M. That puts us safely over Titanic and only behind Avatar and Endgame.

I mean without China,now I get some message that NWH is hard to release in China.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, grey ghost said:

Anything over 1.7 billion is icing on the cake.

That's enought to beat Lion King and Jurassic World.

Yeah and it would also beat the gross of Infinity War without China (2050-370=1680), even more surprising and impressive

I read somewhere that Sony may be thinking of doing like Venom 2 currently, that is to say re-release the film in more theaters within a few weeks but with a longer version and cut scenes (Marvel had done the same with AEG). Do you think it's possible that this is true ?