Eric Lasagna

Magic Mike's Last Dance | February 10, 2023 | Tatum, Soderbergh will return

Funny, just a few weeks ago Joe Manganiello said in an interview with I think it was Variety that he had no interest in doing a Magic Mike 3 if one was ever given the green light. We'll see if he sticks to his word.

As long as at least this icon appears even if it's only for a cameo bring it on cause otherwise just cancel this if not:

'Magic Mike 3': Channing Tatum Reveals Secrets of the Stripper Movie - Variety

5. Tatum didn’t want an exclusive theatrical release. 

After “Magic Mike XXL’s” July 4 weekend release date backfired, Tatum didn’t want the third movie to be exclusively in theaters. “I just don’t want the pressure,” he says. “It’s a stripper movie. I want people to see it when they want to see it. People’s screens in their homes are giant now for no money. I don’t need you to get out of your comfy house. Go have fun.”

10 minutes ago, filmlover said:

'Magic Mike 3': Channing Tatum Reveals Secrets of the Stripper Movie - Variety

5. Tatum didn’t want an exclusive theatrical release. 

After “Magic Mike XXL’s” July 4 weekend release date backfired, Tatum didn’t want the third movie to be exclusively in theaters. “I just don’t want the pressure,” he says. “It’s a stripper movie. I want people to see it when they want to see it. People’s screens in their homes are giant now for no money. I don’t need you to get out of your comfy house. Go have fun.”

Translation = masturbate to this in the privacy of your own home. I respect it

Edited by MOVIEGUY

While we didn't get into any details as to what Tatum's impossibly charming exotic dancer Mike Lane will be up to this time, I did ask Soderbergh about plans to release the new Magic Mike on HBO Max—despite the fact that the communal experience has become a beloved part of this franchise, which also spawned a Las Vegas stage show. And while Last Dance will stream in the U.S., at least at first, Soderbergh wouldn't rule out a theatrical run.

"I think if I can execute what we're thinking, I know they're going to look at it and see that it has theatrical potential," he said. "There's nothing to say that you couldn't invert the sequencing. If the movie performs really, really well on the platform, do a limited 25-city tour in theaters. There's nothing that says you can't do that."

He even has a concept in mind: "Do a GuyMAX release, and put it on a giant screen." Like, IMAX. Get it? We're there.

Director Steven Soderbergh Is Back for Magic Mike 3 - Thrillist

Batman Old School GIF - Batman Old School Hmmm - Discover & Share GIFs