Noctis

Thurs numbers

TitanicWed - 4.3Thur - 3.6Fr - 6.3Sat - 6.8Sun - 65-day = 27 mFixed for the people who said it won't increase much on Saturday.

It'll drop much more on Sun. But might increase more on Fri. Edited by Elessar

THG's trajectory

13.2m Friday (110%)

11.9m Saturday (-10%)

6.6m Sunday (-45%)

=31.7m weekend.

Possible or not?

Possible, but first we need to look at the Thursday jumps for other movies first.

If all movies had big increases, the Friday jumps will be a bit lower than usual.

TitanicWed - 4.3Thur - 3.6Fr - 6.3Sat - 6.8Sun - 65-day = 27 mFixed for the people who said it won't increase much on Saturday.

Please stop with your projections.... they are not making any sense.

I thought there were a lot of you here who said Titanic would fall 30-50% today. Where are all of you clowns now? Titanic's drop is normal, it's THG that is more impressive. That's close to a 40% jump. That's quite stunning. As for Titanic's numbers, I expect it to be fine this weekend. I can see it jumping 150% today.Fri: 9 millSat: 8.7Sun: 522.7 for close to a 30 mill 5 day. Next weekend will be a good hold and it will make more than TLK. I'm still predicting it to do more than 100. I originally had 150, so I'll revise it.

TitanicWed - 4.3Thur - 3.6Fr - 6.3Sat - 6.3Sun - 65-day = 26.5 mFixed for the people who said it won't increase much on Saturday.

underestimating the Friday increase, I expect 120%+

I actually didn't realise it was opening earlier than Friday. I have been waiting to go with two of my friends. I was too young to see it in theaters when it came out (and plus I lived on an island with no theaters). I really wish it were just in regular 2D though, I am not a fan of 3D. I'm hoping it does well; as I read its original opening wasn't that huge so maybe it will have that effect again.

I'm not sure why some of you are beating your chests like orangutans on coke. Almost all films that open on a Wednesday drop on Thursday. And if i go back into yesterday's thread, which I don't mind doing, I know some of you said it would fall 50% yesterday.

I'm not sure why some of you are beating your chests like orangutans on coke. Almost all films that open on a Wednesday drop on Thursday. And if i go back into yesterday's thread, which I don't mind doing, I know some of you said it would fall 50% yesterday.

They probably weren't aware that Thursday is inflated. It is a normal drop for quite a frontloaded movie. But we need more than "normal" with a $4.7m OD if this is to come anywhere near $100m.

Here was Andrew the Aliens prediction for Thursday:Andrew the Alien, on 05 April 2012 - 09:26 AM, said:Wednesday- 4.5MThursday- 2.6MAnd here was Gopher's, a little more logical:Titanic 3.8m today (-13%) 8.2m Friday (116%) 8.6m Saturday (5%) 5.1m Sunday (-41%) 21.9m weekend, 30.4m 5-dayIt seems Ellesar didn't make one, he just kept talking shit the whole day but failed to post any kind of a prediction.

They probably weren't aware that Thursday is inflated. It is a normal drop for quite a frontloaded movie. But we need more than "normal" with a $4.7m OD if this is to come anywhere near $100m.

Not really. It'll be at about 30 mill after Sunday, which is something like a 22 mill weekend. If it was to hold to about par for next weekend, then it would be at about 65 mill. I don't think 100 mill is along shot at all.