efialtes76

Weekday Thread (Jan 24-28)

20 minutes ago, setna said:

goodbye Avatar, i don´t see it geting 39 million more...

It will be so close to already say goodbye. To pass Avatar it just needs a 2.9x multiplier from its 14M 6th weekend. And with zero competition, I can picture a 10M 7th weekend for NWH (30% drop). Even a better drop is in play.

Other December hits after 6th weekend:

Aquaman added 19M after 7.2M weekend (2.7x)

TFA grossed another 57M after 14.1M weekend (4x)

TLJ grossed 16M after a 6.5M weekend (2.5x)
Rogue One grossed 20M after a 7.2M weekend (2.8x)

Until now, NWH has delivered better legs than TLJ, Aquaman and RO.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Eric Riley said:

I feel like every other day we get either “Avatar is going down baby!” or “Passing Avatar is dead :’(“

There was some legit flip-floppening in days 5-15 or so, but Avatar has basically been locked for some two weeks now. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, stripe said:

It will be so close to already say goodbye. To pass Avatar it just needs a 2.9x multiplier from its 14M 6th weekend. And with zero competition, I can picture a 10M 7th weekend for NWH (30% drop). Even a better drop is in play.

Other December hits after 6th weekend:

Aquaman added 19M after 7.2M weekend (2.7x)

TFA grossed another 57M after 14.1M weekend (4x)

TLJ grossed 16M after a 6.5M weekend (2.5x)
Rogue One grossed 20M after a 7.2M weekend (2.8x)

Until now, NWH has delivered better legs than TLJ, Aquaman and RO.

What do you mean with better legs? Aquaman had 4,94x multiplier and RO 3,43. Its overall legs will only be better than TLJ.

8 minutes ago, Coldbird said:

What do you mean with better legs? Aquaman had 4,94x multiplier and RO 3,43. Its overall legs will only be better than TLJ.

Its hard to have a 4.94x multi when you open 260M.

Multi isn't always the exact indicator of legs.

Edited by charlie Jatinder
  • Like 1

Just now, Coldbird said:

Not saying it should have a 5x multiplier, but if you want to argue why the legs are gonna be better from this point on this isnt an convincing argument.

Aquaman 22nd day i.e. first Friday after holidays was $4.56M. 

NWH was $8.3M. i.e. 1.82x

Aquaman 39th day was $480K.

NWH was $970K. i.e. 2.02x

So you see NWH is legging better so far.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, Coldbird said:

Not saying it should have a 5x multiplier, but if you want to argue why the legs are gonna be better from this point on this isnt an convincing argument.

Looking at weekly drops should give you an idea. 

NWH compared to TLJ for 6 wknds- +18%, +18%, +7%, +38%, +69%, +113%

NWH compared to RO - +68%, +32%, +13%, +48%, +49%, +94%

Fairly obvious that it's holding on much better than both after holidays. 

Edited by Tokugennumataka
  • Like 2

You all need to chill and let this run follow its course. Moonfall, Marry Me and Death on the Nile are all 5M openers. Jackass doesn't seem like it will make a big dent and on Presidents Day weekend it should have a strong hold or even increase.

23 minutes ago, CJohn said:

You all need to chill and let this run follow its course. Moonfall, Marry Me and Death on the Nile are all 5M openers. Jackass doesn't seem like it will make a big dent and on Presidents Day weekend it should have a strong hold or even increase.

Good joke.

Moonfall and Marry Me will open with $10M+ and Death on The Nile with $15M+.

Edited by efialtes76

33 minutes ago, efialtes76 said:

Good joke.

Moonfall and Marry Me will open with $10M+ and Death on The Nile with $15M+.

Moonfall is a disaster movie from Emmerich that will most likely have crap reviews, these movies have no theatrical pull whatsoever nowadays.

Marry Me will literally be available on streaming day & date so no chance, plus VD is on Monday (no weekend bump) and that is the SuperBowl weekend so a big Sunday drop will happen.

Death on the Nile will be a mega dump by Disney, they just wanna get rid of it. Also suffers from VD being on Monday and SB on Sunday.

If there is one of the 3 I can see opening above 10M it is Moonfall tho, because of the scale screaming big screen, but that is it.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Moonfall has a $140M budget, wut lol. How is Emmerich still getting such huge budgets when by the time his next movie after this comes out it'll have been at least 15 years since he last had an actual hit.

They financed it with the worldwide sales. It means distributors around the world put at least 100M total in this movie.