efialtes76

Weekday Thread (Jan 24-28)

28 minutes ago, CJohn said:

They financed it with the worldwide sales. It means distributors around the world put at least 100M total in this movie.

Good to know that even following a world-altering pandemic, studios still love to throw money away I suppose.

6 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Good to know that even following a world-altering pandemic, studios still love to throw money away I suppose.

He sold it at Cannes in 2019. It was before the pandemic. They all regret it now :hahaha:

Through its first 40 days of play, NWH has been 65% of overall BO gross (so about $1.85 for every $1 made by other movies combined). This is an annoying stat/record/trivia to calculate with the way sites lay out info, but with a little informal poking around of obvious contenders that @charlie Jatinder and I did this should be far and away the all-time record, with AEG and TFA ~1:1 in the same time period. Should also easily take record for longest until that falls to 50%/ 1:1.

Edited by Product Driven Legion
  • Like 3

For reference, few quick hits:

Days spent as more than 50% of overall BO since opening —

NWH TBD (70+ ?)

Endgame 37

BP 32

TFA 31

IW 30

TA 29

SC 28

Titanic 0  

Guess the hope here is to double previous length record, lmfao. If people want to add some to the list, be my guest.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Tokugennumataka said:

With literally no competition from new openers, I'm going bullish this weekend

Fri - 2.6M (+171%) 

Sat - 5.45M (+110%) 

Sun - 3M (-45%) 

11.05M (-21%) 

I had 167 100 48 but changed to 175 98 48 recently

Edited by Product Driven Legion

2 hours ago, Krissykins said:

Can we expect better than normal numbers and holds from Monday onwards thanks to Canada reopening? 

Only on the 31st and 7th themself. The weekdays after might have slightly worse than usual daily trends after the inflated Mons.

• Thanks 1