baumer

Weekend Numbers (THG 33.5, AR 21.4, Titanic 17.3)

I have a hard time seeing that.BTW, is the burned bread joke a Hunger Games thing or what?

Yes it is. Katniss was sitting in the rain, totlaly pathetic and all, so Peeta deliberately burned some bread to have an excuse to toss it to pigs. So he tossed it to Katniss who was hungry and never forgot his kindness. That`s an iconic moment.

I have a hard time seeing that.BTW, is the burned bread joke a Hunger Games thing or what?

Yes.Looking forward to what you have to say about it: it's not a great movie, but it's not terrible either. Ross does a good job working with the actors, but he's subpar in many other cinematic respects. The more I think about it, the more I think he missed some really juicy targets.

Not to defend the Twilight series (which so completely uninterests me that I've never bothered to see any of them), but really, all they're doing is serving their audience exactly what they want -- same as any number of tired, uninspired, or just plain bad series that aim at the dude/geek demographic (which is what the majority of this board is).

True.

I saw it for a third time yesterday, and I enjoyed it way more than I thought I would. Was kind of surprised. Bumping my grade from a B to an A-.

Edited by Noctis

Yes.Looking forward to what you have to say about it: it's not a great movie, but it's not terrible either. Ross does a good job working with the actors, but he's subpar in many other cinematic respects. The more I think about it, the more I think he missed some really juicy targets.

I agree. But it`s still better done than twilight because a) something actually happens and B) acting is actually good.

Not to defend the Twilight series (which so completely uninterests me that I've never bothered to see any of them), but really, all they're doing is serving their audience exactly what they want -- same as any number of tired, uninspired, or just plain bad series that aim at the dude/geek demographic (which is what the majority of this board is).Of course, on the internet something is either the greatest ever or a horrible piece of shit -- no middle ground.

Agreed like every movie the target audience. The twilight target audience is different from most people who are on this board.