Eric is Quiet

THE BATMAN WEEKEND THREAD | 134M OW DOM, 258.2M WW | Biggest WB opening since BvS. First non Disney-affiliated 100M OW since 2018

1 hour ago, Cap said:

DID SOME SAY DICK GRAYSON?

image.jpeg

I mean, this is my hill that I die on. I am more than happy to wax angrily at how asinine it is that WB flat out refused to acknowledge this character exists. I don’t know if that’s the best thing for the thread, but I am on call!!!!

Boy thicc

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1

11 minutes ago, BruiseCruise said:

I think the next villain will be either Two Face or Mr Freeze 

Why!!!!

There are more than 5 villains in his rogue gallery!!

No joke I’d be more excited if they’re like he’s gonna fight calendar man then if he fights two-face again.

Do Tommy Elliot/Hush! ESP if this Batman is gonna be dating Selina full time. (I haven’t seen the movie yet. But I assume that Selena is a big part of it considering she is half of the marketing!)

We just had a Spider-Man movie that brought back all his villains. Joker is unnecessary but I don’t think, like, Clayface as a villain will move the needle towards excitement for general audiences very much. (Despite how much I’d like that)

Mr. Freeze (if he’s even possible in this franchise) wouldn’t be so different than Bane in TDKR—a new spin on a villain previously seen as a mockery in a flop movie 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

We just had a Spider-Man movie that brought back all his villains. Joker is unnecessary but I don’t think, like, Clayface as a villain will move the needle towards excitement for general audiences very much. (Despite how much I’d like that)

Mr. Freeze (if he’s even possible in this franchise) wouldn’t be so different than Bane in TDKR—a new spin on a villain previously seen as a mockery in a flop movie 

B&R is such a tonally different movie from this that using Mr Freeze won't even look like repetition tbh.

5 minutes ago, Menor Reborn said:

B&R is such a tonally different movie from this that using Mr Freeze won't even look like repetition tbh.

Exactly, this movie is a different, darker depiction of the characters so I don't think villains would seem redundant. (Personally, like I said I'd prefer like Manbat or something, just speaking generally). If anything, a new Freeze would probably excite people. Don't think a new Dent can top Eckhart but he's probably necessary in this version TBH.

I'm also a bit conflicted on how Robin would be received. He seems like the next evolution that would gain huge headlines and it would be unlike the recent films, but Ive always assumed he's kind of divisive? And that most people just want to see Batman lol

• Like 1

Warner have an entire multiverse to do others Batmans, in fact they will do in November and since it's a flash movie the tone will be way lighter and with "Young" appeal 

WB don't need to change anything in Reeves universe to do that

• Like 3