Tokugennumataka

Weekdays Thread (7-10 Mar 22) - Batman weekdays 10.82M, 10.77M, 8.46M, 8.45M

Just now, Tokugennumataka said:

I would assume same calendar configuration = same dates for spring holidays. Fri and Sat jumps will be prolly affected too. Better Sun drops though

Break should be for mon-fri though, not starting on Th for some reason. I suspect there may be some minor holidays at play, regional kind of stuff?  

It does seem to mute the fri bumps so I’d watch out for that. Fri/wed may be more reliable.

12 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Let's see how Spring break affects things starting tomorrow, but I think a higher than expected Saturday jump and lower than expected Sunday drop and next weekdays behaving like Mid-May weekdays.

BvS Thursday to weekend multiple gets it to 56.7M, 62-65M seems like a possible weekend.

$56M with BvS multiplier.

18 minutes ago, BruiseCruise said:

Imagine if it has a Joker level 2nd weekend hold 

Joker's legs were apparent from Wed onwards. Thu/Mon = 85.6%. For Batman, it's already at 78% and this is accounting for a abnormally strong Thursday (all holdovers look like going up). Joker had the additional benefit of a holiday weekend. So that hold ain't happening. 

• Like 1

On 3/10/2022 at 8:18 AM, Villain Legion said:

Not quite sure where to put this. I guess here is as good a place as any since the weekend thread doesn’t exist, maybe I’ll cross post there when it does.   

Legion Weekend Forecast

Batman 55-63M (59M)

Uncharted 8.15M

Dog 5.25M

NWH 4.6M

Nile 2.3M

Sing 1.5M

Jackass 1.15M

Cyrano 510k

Scream 500k

Marry Me 330k

Couple of these are higher than I had last week, LOL

Other numbers look reasonable but for NWH 4.6 😮

NWH had bigger than last week drops during the weekdays. So i m expecting around 20 - 25% drop something around 3.4 to 3.7

So isn't 4.6 too generous

https://m.the-numbers.com/news/251470830-Weekend-predictions-The-Batman-will-easily-win-the-weekend-even-with-a-a-steep-drop
"A two-thirds fall for The Batman would put it at $44.7 million this weekend. Our model is being a shade more generous than that, projecting a 60% decline. The bottom line is that anything over $50 million would be a very good result."

So... The Numbers is expecting a 60% drop this weekend. Seems way off to me, but who knows...

41 minutes ago, Flamengo81 said:

https://m.the-numbers.com/news/251470830-Weekend-predictions-The-Batman-will-easily-win-the-weekend-even-with-a-a-steep-drop
"A two-thirds fall for The Batman would put it at $44.7 million this weekend. Our model is being a shade more generous than that, projecting a 60% decline. The bottom line is that anything over $50 million would be a very good result."

So... The Numbers is expecting a 60% drop this weekend. Seems way off to me, but who knows...

I feel like the weekday holds don't support that, but never say never

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dragoncaine said:

I feel like the weekday holds don't support that, but never say never

Yeah. I mean... predictions afterall are just guessings, even the educated ones. They can be right and all the other predictions being wrong in the end of the day. That being said, I think they are way off with these numbers given the numbers and context we have right now. I am pretty confident that this is doing 60M+ this weekend.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tokugennumataka said:

Uncharted - $935K (+13% || -14%) 

No Way Home - $400K (+6 || -14%) 

https://www.the-numbers.com/daily-box-office-chart

Uncharted having No Way Home holds in its 3rd thursday even after Batman was released.

Remember when some were predicting this one to be lucky to reach 100M domestic? If it somehow manages 130M it would be an incredible result. 

It's hitting 300M WW before its China release as well. 

I was expecting it to plummet after Batman, lmao.

Edited by TiagoRodrigues
  • Like 5

Salt Lake City Sugarhouse Cinemark midday report. The Batman final sales for showtimes through 3:00 PM.

Last Friday: 233 tickets sold

Today: 150 " "

Current week over week fall: 36%

Most favorable comps are still to come with the 5:00-9:00 PM showings, so I feel pretty confident that this will end the night with a sub 40% drop.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, John Marston said:

anyone know how long Batman is on PLF screens? Probably still can't get out to see it this weekend

Jujutsu Kaisen 0 is getting some PLFs next weekend (though most should still be Batman), followed by Lost City the following weekend, with some places getting RRR. Batman will probably lose whatever remaining PLFs it has left once Morbius hits.

Edited by datpepper