Tokugennumataka

Weekdays Thread (7-10 Mar 22) - Batman weekdays 10.82M, 10.77M, 8.46M, 8.45M

Anyone who was hoping for a Tuesday bump is going to be disappointed.  I think weekday numbers will be hard on this one with the 3 hour run time and weekend numbers should hold up better.  

Should be flat to slightly down today.  

• Like 16
  • Thanks 3
  • Astonished 1
  • Sad 9
  • Knock It Off 1

50 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

Anyone who was hoping for a Tuesday bump is going to be disappointed.  I think weekday numbers will be hard on this one with the 3 hour run time and weekend numbers should hold up better.  

Back on the flop train 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Liiviig 1998 said:

Wednesday drop could be softer but let's see where it lands. 

Decreasing my second weekend prediction to 55M+ for now.

Softer weekdays means more robust weekends.  A 60% drop seems kind of steep imo.

3 hours ago, Villain Legion said:

NWH had a disappointing 1st Tues as well as I recall. Tuesday are just tough to interpret in this marketplace, wed/mon is what really matters.

If it is something I have learnt since 2019, just ignore MON and TUE altogether. They are either too low or too high.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, EmpireCity said:

any numbers to share for top 5?

9 hours ago, Villain Legion said:

NWH had a disappointing 1st Tues as well as I recall. Tuesday are just tough to interpret in this marketplace, wed/mon is what really matters.

Funny to read in retrospect. :hahaha:

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, wildphantom said:

Each to their own, but the runtime and an extra, what, buck, two bucks, put you off seeing a lauded new event Batman movie? So if it had been an hour shorter and a dollar less you’d have gone? 

Personally I can honestly say I have never not gone to see a movie that interested me due to either reason.  Plus watching a film of this size for the first time on tv is the stuff of nightmares.  

You’re on a movie nut forum here. You must have some damn exciting stuff lined up to be better than taking four hours out to see BATMAN!  For us, a new Batman movie is life itself! Lol. 

I mean, yes? For me, personally, seeing another Batman movie isn't worth it. An hour shorter would make it a lot more palatable and work a lot better with my schedule. I'm a single mom. Work full time.  My off hours are precious. I do enjoy movies a lot and following box office, but that doesn't mean I'm obligated to be interested in everything that comes out? I'm glad it is a great experience for you and other people, though, and have no ill will against the movie or anything. Hope it does great. I look forward to sitting at home and watching it on HBO.  Going to the theater for this just isn't something worthwhile for me, personally, when it will be free and in my home in a month or so. To each their own, of course, and I'm glad you liked it. It's just a movie in the end.

• Like 10

Its potentially a 4 hour commitment on a weekday between going to theater, sitting through trailers and then 3 hours movie and going home  a lot of people are not gonna want to do that not to mention this doesn't have kid appeal which would make adults put up with said commitment

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AdrianL said:

EC spot on

Looking at Uncharted/NWH number, they had much weaker jumps than last week so slight drop is actually very good result for Batman.

Edited by druv10
  • Like 3

This is a prime example of how the "cheaper" tickets such as last weeks Tuesday deal inflate grosses. Not a bad thing, just something that has to be considered, particularly since it makes the week to weeks seem worse. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sabrecmc said:

I mean, yes? For me, personally, seeing another Batman movie isn't worth it. An hour shorter would make it a lot more palatable and work a lot better with my schedule. I'm a single mom. Work full time.  My off hours are precious. I do enjoy movies a lot and following box office, but that doesn't mean I'm obligated to be interested in everything that comes out? I'm glad it is a great experience for you and other people, though, and have no ill will against the movie or anything. Hope it does great. I look forward to sitting at home and watching it on HBO.  Going to the theater for this just isn't something worthwhile for me, personally, when it will be free and in my home in a month or so. To each their own, of course, and I'm glad you liked it. It's just a movie in the end.

Bingo! I have 4 kids and am close to an hour from a decent theater. Batman would be a nightmare to try and schedule right now between distance, length and costs of baby sitters. Not all movie/boxoffice lovers can go to the theaters like they would enjoy doing. 

I remember my days of 1 or 2 movies a week but that was way before marriage and kids and life. 

• Like 5