Fullbuster

Russia Box Office

Not great if it's true, we'd go to a $8m OW.Not bad, but a little bit disappointing.

No. The lowest possible multiplyer should be 5.5. Usually movies increase on Friday, then again on Saturday and slightly fell on Sunday, Like 1-1.2-1.7-1.6. It's the worst case scenario.

No. The lowest possible multiplyer should be 5.5. Usually movies increase on Friday, then again on Saturday and slightly fell on Sunday, Like 1-1.2-1.7-1.6. It's the worst case scenario.

Ah, I understimated it, good news :)So we can expect more than $10m OW, I would like it :)

Ah, I understimated it, good news :)So we can expect more than $10m OW, I would like it :)

Fast Five was a sequel for a well-known franchise and still managed around 5. Thor had 6+. Normally weekend multiplyers outside of summer are between 6 and 8. For kids movies could be up to 13-16.

Fast Five was a sequel for a well-known franchise and still managed around 5. Thor had 6+. Normally weekend multiplyers outside of summer are between 6 and 8. For kids movies could be up to 13-16.

By the way, do you have the best opening weeks in Russia? I would be curious to see this :)

By the way, do you have the best opening weeks in Russia? I would be curious to see this :)

Top opening weekends in RUB (29.5 RUB = 1 USD)

1. Pirates Of The Caribbean: On Stranger Tides 749.1 mln 4 day - 879.6 mln 5day

2. Shrek Forever After 604.4 mln

3. Avatar 601.9 mln

4. Ice Age 3 512.5 mln - 652.7 mln 5 1/2 day

5. John Carter 492.3 mln

6. The Twilight Saga - Breaking Dawn - Part 1 487.3 mln

7. Tranformers 3 474.5 mln 4 day - 615 mln 5 day

8. 2012 469.1 mln

9. Puss in Boots 450.1 mln

10. Madagascar 2 441.7 mln

11. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Part 2 433 mln 4 day - 551.1 mln 5 day

12. Alice in Wonderland 411.2 mln

13. The Very Best Film 403.7 mln

14. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 394.2 mln 3 day opening

15. Kung Fu Panda 2 385 mln 4 day - 425 mln 5 day

16. Wrath of The Titans 370.2 m

17. Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen 370.1 mln (definitely with previews but no full data available)

18. Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End 359.4 mln

19. The Twilight Saga: Eclipse 350.8 mln - 473.6 mln 5 day

20. Vysotskiy 345.9 mln

21. Clash of the Titans 345.6 mln

22. Fast Five 326.6 mln

23. The Inhabited Island: Part I 317.8 mln

24. Shrek the Third 312.1 mln

25. Mummy 3 310.6 mln

Edited by juni78ukr

Do you think Ice Age 4 will increase over the third?

Yes, Ice Age 3 has been released in 2009, the market is way higher now, and for the moment Russians didn't get a big animation movie, I'm sure they look forward about it.

To make $50-60 mln total you should have at least $20-25 mln opening nowadays. For 70-80 mln at least $30-35 mln opening. And this might be close to current market capacity. Such huge numbers will depend on other factors. Like weather for example. Screen count and average number of shows are also very important. This is always a tough game between theaters and distributors.

To make $50-60 mln total you should have at least $20-25 mln opening nowadays. For 70-80 mln at least $30-35 mln opening. And this might be close to current market capacity. Such huge numbers will depend on other factors. Like weather for example. Screen count and average number of shows are also very important. This is always a tough game between theaters and distributors.

I want a movie above $100m!!! Avatar did it with a smaller market after all!

I want a movie above $100m!!! Avatar did it with a smaller market after all!

Avatar did it with 5.8 multiplyer. For a summer release any multiplyer above 2.5 would be pretty good. 3 is like a miracle.For a movie above $100m normally you will need at least a $40m+ opening. The highest cumulative weekend so far was around $36m on Christmas holidays. Pirates of the Caribbean is the most popular franchise here and still made "only" $26.4 mln on 1716 screens. With totally empty market.