Fullbuster

Russia Box Office

30 minutes ago, juni78ukr said:

Wow. -78% from last Friday. It is actually lower than it's Monday and Wednesday. I think lower than it's Tuesday as well. 25m is dead I think. Maybe 20-21m total? Does that sounds right Juni?

Edited by James

-71% Friday to Friday drop for SW7. If saturday and sunday will decrease around 71% too, weekend collapse will be 73-74%. Only 3.1-3.5 mln $ weekend and 17.5-18 mln $ total  after sunday. But I doubt saturday rise will be that good again. Of course no 2 billion roubles total. I believe SW7 won't make it to #2 in local currency (Minions are currently there with 1866 mln rubles). Even 25 mln $ seems too hard to reach now (with upcoming holidays).

Btw. In Russia Christmas is on January 7th. Till 31st desember are normal weekdays, then 10(!) holidays in a row. Too many films for that period, but it seems likely that none of them will do in total what SW7 did on OW.

Edited by Onri
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Onri said:

-71% Friday to Friday drop for SW7. If saturday and sunday will decrease around 71% too, weekend collapse will be 73-74%. Only 3.1-3.5 mln $ weekend 17.5-18 mln total  after sunday. But I doubt saturday rise will be that good again. Of course no 2 billion roubles total. I believe SW7 won't make it to #2 in local currency (Minions are currently there with 1866 mln rubles). Even 25 mln $ seems too hard to reach now (with upcoming holidays).

Btw. In Russia Christmas is on 7th January. Till 31st desember are normal weekdays, then 10(!) holidays in a row. Too many films for that period, but it seems likely that none of them will do in total what SW7 did on OW.

The Next Big movie will be KFP3.

11 minutes ago, Onri said:

-71% Friday to Friday drop for SW7. If saturday and sunday will decrease around 71% too, weekend collapse will be 73-74%. Only 3.1-3.5 mln $ weekend 17.5-18 mln total  after sunday. But I doubt saturday rise will be that good again. Of course no 2 billion roubles total. I believe SW7 won't make it to #2 in local currency (Minions are currently there with 1866 mln rubles). Even 25 mln $ seems too hard to reach now (with upcoming holidays).

Btw. In Russia Christmas is on 7th January. Till 31st desember are normal weekdays, then 10(!) holidays in a row. Too many films for that period, but it seems likely that none of them will do in total what SW7 did on OW.

Oh yeah. It opened on Thursday. My bad. 

59 minutes ago, James said:

Maybe 20-21m total?

I think it's the floor. Too hard to predict with such a horrible drop. New Year's competition gonna be really low (Point Break and The Little Prince perform mediocre/soft, The Peanuts Movie bombs). But there are still no signs of SW7 stamina

• Like 1

18 hours ago, juni78ukr said:

Wasn't this the same drop for MINIONS and it was assumed it was steep due to bad WOM in Russia?

Does this mean WOM for SW7 is also mediocre? Or that MINIONS and SW7 were just frontloaded?

A real shame for TFA with massive new markets such as Russia & Brazil going through epic currency devaluations. 

TFA came out literally in the worst possible period in Russia, with oil (which determines ruble value) at multi-year lows. 

6 hours ago, MinaTakla said:

Wasn't this the same drop for MINIONS and it was assumed it was steep due to bad WOM in Russia?

Does this mean WOM for SW7 is also mediocre? Or that MINIONS and SW7 were just frontloaded?

Minions dropped 68%, not that bad. Toon had much stronger weekdays and finally found some late legs.

SW7 is frontloaded but WOM is mediacore too. SW7 is keeping enough shows through holidays but seem like gonna fall short of Minions final result anyway

-38% Tuesday to Tuesday drop for SW7

More coming holidays that a stamina actually. But it finally stop falling 60%+

Point Break, The Little Prince and The Peanuts Movie will lose too many shows on New Years day

Edited by Onri
  • Like 1

So we have holidays 01-10 jan. No official numbers till January, 11
Steve Jobs totally bombing! SW7 doing well, Point Break and The Little Prince ok as for now. The Peanuts Movie remains dead.
Russian toon and 2 local comedies are on fire actually. But not sure they all will hold well even through holidays.

SW7 increased better than any other live-action movie on January, 2. And even better than local toon which is currently #1. Seems like The force awakens had the best PTA on our second holiday! The Peanuts Movie had the best jump. Steve Jobs is only 14th (!!!) on it's second day of release.

4 in Top5 are local films :Ъ

Very rought for 2 days:

SW7 1.8 mln $

Point Break 0.85

The Little Prince 0.4

Krampus 0.33 (weak start)

The Peanuts Movie 0.2

Steve Jobs 0.13 (total disaster & worst PTA)

Edited by Onri

SW7 having really good holidays despite dropping to #3 on tuesday and wednesday. TFA (about 1745 mln rubles through wednesday) is on track to be really close to Minion's #2 alltime in rubles (1866). It can beat it if it survive The Revenant and huge previews of The Hateful Eight, both starts today. Tarantino's film hits alltime Russia's PTA record playing only one show a day on 70 mm in Moscow for 6 days before it's wide previews.

SW7 loses only about 35% of it's shows on January, 7, that's second best index in top10 this time after current #1 local animation. Point Break holds good too, but losing 57% of it's shows today

Edited by Onri

The Revenant is on track to be first billion rubles movie of 2016 & easily biggest movie since SW7, exceeding all holiday releases. 4.25 mln $ / 2 days

SW7 will be #2 movie all time in local currency passing Minions next week. 1.8 bln rubles through yesterday

First official data since last year still to come only on Monday

Edited by Onri
  • Like 1