Fullbuster

Russia Box Office

Reassure me guys : Russian don't watch Hollywood movies this way?

I think they do.I never watched a foreign movie in Russia though, but on the Internet you find such movies.wikipedia also speaks of voiceovers http://en.wikipedia....ng_(filmmaking)but they say they usually lose the english voices in theater Edited by Rudolf

All movies in wide release are dubbed here. Many limited releases could be with subtitles but that means usually less than ten copies. Voiceovers with russian or ukrainian language over original words are usually used on TV. It's much cheaper than make a full dubbed version.

All movies in wide release are dubbed here. Many limited releases could be with subtitles but that means usually less than ten copies. Voiceovers with russian or ukrainian language over original words are usually used on TV. It's much cheaper than make a full dubbed version.

thankswhy was it then done on the trailer?

thankswhy was it then done on the trailer?

To make russian language trailer available before its official release in theaters or internet. Our kinopoisk usually pays to a guy who participated in dubbing of many foreign films. He's got a mini-studio so he can make a russian language version with his voice over original track in a day or two. So people dont have to wait long. Edited by juni78ukr

That's what I thought!

To make russian language trailer available before its official release in theaters or internet. Our kinopoisk usually pays to a guy who participated in dubbing of many foreign films. He's got a mini-studio so he can make a russian language version with his voice over original track in a day or two. So people dont have to wait long.

Subtitles wouldn't be more convenient?

Subtitles are unfortunately something most Russian audiences would take a lot of time to accept over dubbing or, yes, even voiceovers. The latter is just something people here are naturally used to, they have been for decades.

I can understand, in France most people don't like subtitles and want subbed versions.

Russia isn't the place where a film about a hostage rescue-operation led by the United States during the cold war was going to thrive.

I didn't expect good numbers for Cloud Atlas because Russians aren't fans of brainy movies, but it's a success so never say never :P

Cloud Atlas got by on the Wachowski name (all Matrix movies are well-liked by the general audience), the visuals in the trailers and the very wide release. It just so happened to be an intelligent movie in addition to that, like Inception, if you will.

You're probably right!