Fullbuster

Russia Box Office

Avatar grossed 1.56 mln RUB or 46k in April. Still in release. I doubt anyone will update total gross though.

Spidey 821k Monday + 694k Tuesday + est. 846k Wednesday, 11.75 mln first week.

Can it pass TASM1 in Russia?

Early Thursday. Because of holidays only partial numbers will be available. So those are rough estimates.

1. Cuisine in Paris (RUS) 1.8-1.85 mln

2. The Amazing Spiderman 2  1.5 mln - 13.3 mln total

3. The Other Woman 570-580k

4. House of Magic (previews) 330-340k

5. Brick Mansions (previews) 250k

... The Railway Man 40k

• Like 2

Early Thursday. Because of holidays only partial numbers will be available. So those are rough estimates.

1. Cuisine in Paris (RUS) 1.8-1.85 mln

2. The Amazing Spiderman 2  1.5 mln - 13.3 mln total

3. The Other Woman 570-580k

4. House of Magic (previews) 330-340k

5. Brick Mansions (previews) 250k

... The Railway Man 40k

That could be worse for Spidey, it could pass TASM after all despite the exchange rate :)

Both Thursday and Friday were  holidays in Russia and Ukraine. Looks like around 5mln second weekend and 16.8 mln total. Not exactly a great hold. Not a very bad either. 

I would say around 21-22 mln total. Close or a bit less to first in USD, a bit more in RUB.

• Like 1

That is horrible considering fullbuster was predicting 35M with less competition and better release date. Atleast its breaking out in asia and brazil. 

Doesn't the Ukraine stuff affect the box office?  I mean, the country is on the brink of war daily, that has to do something.

Thanks, I had no idea.  

Don't quibble with me, you know what i mean.

I don't know what I'm missing here, what I meant was that the fighting is taking place in Ukraine and not in Russia, so any effect on the box office would be in Ukraine.

I don't know what I'm missing here, what I meant was that the fighting is taking place in Ukraine and not in Russia, so any effect on the box office would be in Ukraine.

Ok.

No, I wasn't being sarcastic.  You make a good point.  

I just thought that because this seems to be a fairly big conflict it might prevent people from going out all that much.  Not in fear of the war, but just the overall mood.

I don't know, sorry.  It was a thought.  :)

• Like 1

No, I wasn't being sarcastic.  You make a good point.  

I just thought that because this seems to be a fairly big conflict it might prevent people from going out all that much.  Not in fear of the war, but just the overall mood.

I don't know, sorry.  It was a thought.   :)

Oh OK, I see what you mean now.

It seems unlikely to me though, just like I don't think that the Iraq war had any effect on the box office in 2003 before the Iraq war started (or after, actually).

• Like 1

Oh OK, I see what you mean now. It seems unlikely to me though, just like I don't think that the Iraq war had any effect on the box office in 2003 before the Iraq war started (or after, actually).

But Irak is far far away from the States and Ukraine is at Russia's front door...