Eric is Quiet

Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire | March 29, 2024 | They're boyfriends now

12 minutes ago, cooldude97 said:

so what are the chances this has the best "Legs" of any monsterverse film?

Pretty low IMO. GvK did 3.19x OW but I think COVID restrictions contributed a lot to that. I imagine this does something in the 2.4-2.7 range.

• Like 1

Ok trying to be as objective as possible:

Besides a few shots, the VFX look fantastic and im glad Wingard retained his visual style from GvK while trimming down the neon colors a little bit. The trailer reinforces that this is more a Kong movie than a Godzilla movie with which im totally fine with as long as Godzilla gets some kick-ass scenes.

Also a positive is that the deaf girl was the focal human character in this because i think everyone can agree that she was the one human character in GvK that was actually good.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Georgy P said:

WW below Godzilla Minus One.

I dont want to shatter your hopes or anything like that, but GxK grossing under 105M WW is pretty much impossible. It would need to open to less than 45M WW and then have shit legs. Even with bad reception, such a low gross is out of the question.