YM!

April 8th-10th Weekend Thread | $72m OW Sonic 2, biggest Paramount opener since 2014, $8.69m OW for AmbuLAnce, $6m+ for EEAAO

I just got an ad for the Father of The Bride remake but instead of just being on HBO Max, it’s now theatrical, which is interesting. Same date too.

• Astonished 1

All I keep hearing and reading are superlatives for Everything Everywhere All at Once. 

Cannot wait to see it, but sadly there’s no sign of a release date in the U.K.  More like Everything Everywhere But Nowhere Else. 

Where is it A24??? This apparent masterpiece will be out digitally before we seemingly get a chance to see the thing!! 

4 minutes ago, YourMother said:

I just got an ad for the Father of The Bride remake but instead of just being on HBO Max, it’s now theatrical, which is interesting. Same date too.

There is nothing online mentioning this but I am gonna share it with a friend who watches like 40 movies per month in theaters. He hates streaming sevices with passion and will be thrilled to hear this. If it is a lie, you will be responsible for breaking his heart.

Edited by CJohn
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

Michael Bay needs to explode things with drones and be as insane and evil as possible. I don't see how that style would apply to the MCU at all

Ultron 2 on lock

20 minutes ago, CJohn said:

There is nothing online mentioning this but I am gonna share it with a friend who watches like 40 movies per month in theaters. He hates streaming sevices with passion and will be thrilled to hear this. If it is a lie, you will be responsible for breaking his heart.

I want to double check to make sure I got my sources right but I swear I saw “only in theaters  June 16th” from the ad. We might get a better idea this week with Dumbledore on the way as it may be an attachment.

1 hour ago, SchumacherFTW said:

First you cause a furore on reddit, now you're dissing Jaws? Oh my friend, I had such high hopes for you 😢😉

That’s not dissing jaws, THIS is dissing jaws:

Spoiler

It’s bad. Fine character work and plot and all, but the shark isn’t scary and that sorta kills the whole edifice.

• Like 1
  • ...wtf 2
  • Disbelief 1
  • Knock It Off 1

31 minutes ago, YourMother said:

Was this on TV or YouTube? And were you for sure it was an ad intended for the US? Some HBO Max titles get theatrical releases overseas in select territories, so if there was no MPA rating or something in the ad, it might've been a mix-up on WB's part.

9 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

That’s not dissing jaws, THIS is dissing jaws:

Reveal hidden contents

@baumer i found a heretic.

5 minutes ago, datpepper said:

Was this on TV or YouTube? And were you for sure it was an ad intended for the US? Some HBO Max titles get theatrical releases overseas in select territories, so if there was no MPA rating or something in the ad, it might've been a mix-up on WB's part.

YouTube.

30 minutes ago, YourMother said:

I want to double check to make sure I got my sources right but I swear I saw “only in theaters  June 16th” from the ad. We might get a better idea this week with Dumbledore on the way as it may be an attachment.

I already told him. Too late. It better be theatrical or else he will go America to murder you with a theater chair while he screams that you are a streaming hoe or something idk. 

1 hour ago, wildphantom said:

All I keep hearing and reading are superlatives for Everything Everywhere All at Once. 

Cannot wait to see it, but sadly there’s no sign of a release date in the U.K.  More like Everything Everywhere But Nowhere Else. 

Where is it A24??? This apparent masterpiece will be out digitally before we seemingly get a chance to see the thing!! 

I always find A24 films always take 10000 years to even get a release date here. what a flop company.

• Sad 2

7 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

It's early, but maybe $27m+

Nice.

EC, out of curiosity do you have any knowledge about the Father Of The Bride’s release strategy. I just got an ad for it from YouTube saying only in theaters.

Seeing that Bay/MCU back and forth in this thread is weird for me. I'm old enough to remember when Bay was the Antichrist for the online pseudo-cinephiles much like Marvel is now lol. Now whether because the new crop of such movie fans saw The Rock when they were 8 and thus think fondly of Bay or for contrarian's sake, that vitriol against him seems to have faded. Maybe sliding irrelevance does the job? 

Bay is a good comp with Roland Emmerich. Both were blockbuster directing titans in the 1990s/2000s, but masses have largely moved on from their brands. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, RRA said:

Seeing that Bay/MCU back and forth in this thread is weird for me. I'm old enough to remember when Bay was the Antichrist for the online pseudo-cinephiles much like Marvel is now lol. Now whether because the new crop of such movie fans saw The Rock when they were 8 and thus think fondly of Bay or for contrarian's sake, that vitriol against him seems to have faded. Maybe sliding irrelevance does the job? 

Bay is a good comp with Roland Emmerich. Both were blockbuster directing titans in the 1990s/2000s, but masses have largely moved on from their brands. 

Why would anyone be contrarian? Some people just might think he’s made some cool movies. No hidden agenda.