Eric is Quiet

Cinemacon 2022 Discussion Thread

2 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

Why?  It was awesome.  

I’d just want to finish it. Then when it comes to seeing it, you’ve already seen 30 minutes of it, it’s a strange idea. 

It’s like someone playing you one minute of a song and then you have to wait 3 months to hear the chorus. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Krissykins said:

I’d just want to finish it. Then when it comes to seeing it, you’ve already seen 30 minutes of it, it’s a strange idea. 

It’s like someone playing you one minute of a song and then you have to wait 3 months to hear the chorus. 

I dunno i would literally ... eat no Bratwurst for atleast 1 month if i could see 30 Minutes of Dominion right now.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

The whole event is to give you a slice to a big piece and leave you hungry for more.  It works wonderfully for them and you know you aren't getting the whole thing, so you are more than prepared for it.  

• Like 1

Are there other panels at CinemaCon that aren't from studios?

Maybe tech people going "Hey, this is the hottest new projector that plays 3DX90 film you should buy, because Universal is shooting Fast10 Your Seatbelts with it."

1 minute ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

What the hell

It was super fucking weird to watch in real time.  Olivia Wilde was talking and then some lady just came right to the stage and placed a large manila envelope.  Olivia looked bewildered and actually opened it, looked at it, sort of looked stunned and said "ok" and went back to her intro.  

If that was her getting served by Sudeikis' lawyers, what a shithead move by him.  Not surprised though, he is a fucking douchebag and one of the few talent I have been around in a private setting that was insufferable.  His whole Ted Lasso character is like the opposite of who he is.  

• Like 3
  • Astonished 1

3 minutes ago, Morieris said:

Are there other panels at CinemaCon that aren't from studios?

Maybe tech people going "Hey, this is the hottest new projector that plays 3DX90 film you should buy, because Universal is shooting Fast10 Your Seatbelts with it."

The entire thing is a convention with every vendor having a booth set up from popcorn machines to sound to projection to seating and more.  

• Astonished 1

2 minutes ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

This is true

I've heard the test cut was 2hr20 (and unfinished, lots of VFX still to be done)

Curious if he have script enough to fill this, he treat so many themes in under 2 hours with Get Out / US that i was expecting 110 minutes for Nope too. 

Let's see what they have to say / show on Cinemacon, very excited about it.

1 minute ago, ThomasNicole said:

Curious if he have script enough to fill this, he treat so many themes in under 2 hours with Get Out / US that i was expecting 110 minutes for Nope too. 

Let's see what they have to say / show on Cinemacon, very excited about it.

All I know is that its long and unfinished and very similar to Signs. A big genre popcorn movie about aliens, UFOs, etc

I personally think the 3rd acts of his first two films run out of steam, so we'll see how this one goes

• Like 1

Just now, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

All I know is that its long and unfinished and very similar to Signs. A big genre popcorn movie about aliens, UFOs, etc

I personally think the 3rd acts of his first two films run out of steam, so we'll see how this one goes

I agree. Interestingly, for me the 3rd act of Get Out was the "least interesting" part about the movie, i just enjoyed the built-up and the atmosphere of the first 2 acts more. Similar with Us, although id argue that the third act of Us is clearly a bit weaker than the rest of the film, while its not as glaring to me in Get Out. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

I feel like Us gets too big in scope for its third act. I think Get Out stays pretty good in that third act, but Us loses me with the conspiracy stuff.

• Like 2