Eric is Quiet

Venom: The Last Dance | October 25, 2024

13 hours ago, TheFlatLannister said:

Empire is saying $100M OW

Is that even possible for a non MCU CBM in 2024? (outside of spider-man, batman)

Don’t see why not, both 1 and 2 did 90M and the trailer for 3 just exploded 

He says this all the time and is wrong, but even a broken clock get it right once a day 

20 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

He says this all the time and is wrong, but even a broken clock get it right once a day 

Slight correction, but the first one did $80 million. 

• Like 1

Empire could be right and  this time  the movie is not a hacked to pieces in the editing room mess in order to get a PG-13 rating. People can enjoy these movies all they  want but they know it's true. 

On 6/3/2024 at 7:06 AM, John Marston said:

Wonder if Ejiofor will be revealed to be Mordo and there ar multiverse elements that are playing a part here 

Given Feige's dislike of the Venom films, I really, realy, doubt that. Clear he wants t keep Spidey in the MCU as far away as possible from the Spidey Spinoffs. Allowing that mid credit plug for Venom in Spidey:NWH is about the closest he will ever get into allowing the SONY version of Venom into the MCU And, given the quality of the Venom films, I don't blame him.

Posted (edited)

Sony Spider-Man is going to THREE successful trilogies as well as the biggest movie of the 2020s domestically 

No Way Home did $804M DOM, a number nothing is matching again for a long ass time. Yeah even 240*3.3 doesn't pass haha

Edited by HummingLemon496
  • Like 1

Gentle reminder that Venom 2 debuted to $90.1 million, marking the highest-grossing opening of the pandemic to that point, and surpassing the opening weekend gross of Venom ($80.3 million).

We all saw GxK outperforming its predecessor, which was another movie released during the height of pandemic. 

I think Venom 3 has a very good shot at 100M opening weekend. Even if it does only 80-90M it would still be great. 

• Like 1

On 6/4/2024 at 6:27 AM, ThomasNicole said:

Here is why not:

Venom 1 and 2 came out when CBMs were huge and now they're washed. Not to say that it can't open to $100M, but it's very unlikely. 

39 minutes ago, HummingLemon496 said:

Here is why not:

Venom 1 and 2 came out when CBMs were huge and now they're washed. Not to say that it can't open to $100M, but it's very unlikely. 

CBM’s are washed and still Deadpool is likely coming for 200M. Different beasts of course, but the point still stands.

Venom is extremely popular with GA, the franchise doesn’t really need people to watch anything else beyond the Venom movies, kinda like Guardians but without the weight of MCU. Is just an isolated franchise that don’t require anything.

I won’t be surprised if it goes below both Venom’s, but 100M is very much in the realm of possibility. 

Edited by ThomasNicole
  • Like 2

Quite possibly two $100M OW's in October. The first two ever in fact. Crazy!

October also saw the two biggest opening weekends after Barbenheimer last year. That month was already improving as a viable corridor for big movies but post covid it has really seen a lot of success. 

Edited by Insomnia
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

CBM’s are washed and still Deadpool is likely coming for 200M. Different beasts of course, but the point still stands.

Venom is extremely popular with GA, the franchise doesn’t really need people to watch anything else beyond the Venom movies, kinda like Guardians but without the weight of MCU. Is just an isolated franchise that don’t require anything.

I won’t be surprised if it goes below both Venom’s, but 100M is very much in the realm of possibility. 

Yeah that's fair. FYI, I want $100M to happen, that'd be amazing. Just being cautious after recent CBM imploding, especially since Venom doesn't have a crazy hook like say how DP3 has the crossover/multiverse element. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, HummingLemon496 said:

Yeah that's fair. FYI, I want $100M to happen, that'd be amazing. Just being cautious after recent CBM imploding, especially since Venom doesn't have a crazy hook like say how DP3 has the crossover/multiverse element. 

Agreed, even tho i would argue the Venom horse was a huge viral, there’s no huge hook but they get the money shot moment right imo. The stats of the trailer online was very big. 

I dislike both movies and even i’m inclined to watch this one because the second half of the trailer looks so stupidly funny haha

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ThomasNicole said:

Agreed, even tho i would argue the Venom horse was a huge viral, there’s no huge hook but they get the money shot moment right imo. The stats of the trailer online was very big. 

I dislike both movies and even i’m inclined to watch this one because the second half of the trailer looks so stupidly funny haha

Yeah, imo they're not technically "good" movies but I would be lying if I said they weren't entertaining as hell 😅

• Like 1