Eric the Marxist

Thunderbolts* | May 2, 2025 | MCU

Yeah I’m for one is shocked that that hype isn’t that much the weekend Deadpool and Wolverine releases, RDJ announces his return and we get test footage of F4 leaking 🤷🏿‍♂️. Marvel will get people in theaters. Quality will decide its fate. 600M would be great.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, thajdikt said:

Yeah I’m for one is shocked that that hype isn’t that much the weekend Deadpool and Wolverine releases, RDJ announces his return and we get test footage of F4 leaking 🤷🏿‍♂️. Marvel will get people in theaters. Quality will decide its fate. 600M would be great.

Even without all those  not happening this weekend. Still think we would see the same . Maybe trailer changes something but this has barely any engagement.

Cap 4 looks way more interesting and that had marvels type trailer numbers.

Synopsis is unexciting too.  

Think this should have been Feb movie and CAP 4 remained in the summer. 

Who knows maybe it's good or is holding some surprises. Just don't understand why this is opening summer.

3 hours ago, thajdikt said:

Something about that official press release added with how the cast acted out in the EW’s SDCC interview got me intrigued. 

Thunderbolts*

Highlighting Thunderbolts*, Delaney welcomed director Jake Schreier to the stage alongside stars Geraldine Viswanathan, Lewis Pullman, Hannah John-Kamen, Wyatt Russell, Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Florence Pugh, Sebastian Stan, and David Harbour. The latter showed up in full Red Guardian garb, earning laughs and applause from the crowd, who were treated to a scene from the movie.

Marvel Studios (and a crew of indie veterans who definitely sold out) present Thunderbolts*, an irreverent team-up featuring depressed assassin Yelena Belova alongside the MCU’s least anticipated band of misfits.

Thunderbolts* also stars Olga Kurylenko and opens in theaters on May 2, 2025.

https://thewaltdisneycompany.com/marvel-studios-announces-robert-downey-jr-and-the-russo-brothers-to-return-for-avengers-doomsday/

I loved Beef and they seem like they might have find an angle for this, so I’m cautiously optimistic. Also they seem confident giving this the May 2 date, I’m willing to let them cook.

On 7/29/2024 at 10:00 AM, babz06 said:

I’m surprised they still went ahead with this. MCU is much more of a mixed bag these days so I’m not sure what to expect BO wise. 

Thge days when the Marvel Studios label insured big box office are over,and are not coming back.

2 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

A few new leaked screenshots have appeared so there is a leaked trailer somewhere from the SDCC panel

As for the official one my guess is sometime late November set with Mufasa.

I actually think we are getting much later. Super Bowl just before Brave New World.

34 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

I actually think we are getting much later. Super Bowl just before Brave New World.

Zero percent chance they only begin promotion less three full months before the movie releases. Fantastic Fours first look will be the Superbowl.

Edited by SpiderByte

1 minute ago, SpiderByte said:

Zero percent chance they only begin promotion less three full months before the movie releases. Fantastic Fours first look will be the Superbowl.

My theory is that whatever is going on with Thunderbolts*, it needs Brave New World for context. I think the focus now will be fully on Brave New World, with Thunderbolts*, Fantastic Four and Superman getting Super Bowl reveals.

No way. They didn't even do that with Far From Home where a major story element happens in Endgame. The Thunderbolts are gonna need a push and three months isn't enough. We're getting a trailer before the end of this year, 100 percent.

• Like 1