Eric the Ape

Thunderbolts* | May 2, 2025 | MCU

25 minutes ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

I feel like they're too far along now to pull the plug, and/or are proud of what they have now after the creative overhaul last year. We'll just have to wait and see at this point.

Yes probably for this reason 

4 minutes ago, crazymoviekid said:

Why is everyone so anti-Thunderbolts?  Yes, it's a little bit on banking on the D+ shows, but it's also a Black Widow follow up. I want more Florence and David!!

That actually is a detriment to this movie, as Black Widow was not exactly a crowdpleaser. There's obviously the matter of Thunderbolts not being a known property and Marvel no longer having the goodwill to prop such properties up. They're actually taking a big risk here by still going full steam ahead with this movie, even going as far as moving the release up. There's something to be said for that.

7 minutes ago, crazymoviekid said:

Why is everyone so anti-Thunderbolts?  Yes, it's a little bit on banking on the D+ shows, but it's also a Black Widow follow up. I want more Florence and David!!

Because it's Thunderbolts in name only and appeals to no one that isn't a hardcore MCU fan.

21 minutes ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

That actually is a detriment to this movie, as Black Widow was not exactly a crowdpleaser. There's obviously the matter of Thunderbolts not being a known property and Marvel no longer having the goodwill to prop such properties up. They're actually taking a big risk here by still going full steam ahead with this movie, even going as far as moving the release up. There's something to be said for that.

It was a Joshpleaser and I think that's what is most important.

On 2/15/2024 at 8:51 AM, Masketta Man said:

I don't think it will be cancelled, but I'm praying every day for it.

I think Florence Pugh starring is the makn reason they are going forward with this. Otherwise this has absolutely nothing going for it 

Florence Pugh was asked recently about this. Her response on Twitter wasn't exactly encouraging . This was quite close to being cancelled 

Blade movie looks to be in  danger though. 

Like I said previously . 2025 schedule seems like a terrible way to  come off a Deadpool movie that will probably be a success and return to form .

F4 is the only interesting movie and it's basically a wild card.

2025 has the potential to be another terrible year for the MCU.

I really don't think you guys get that the idea of this being cancelled was never a thing considered outside this board. It was never in danger of being cancelled. It is a thing entirely based upon wishcasting by certain users on here.

I'm more in for a retooling than a straight up cancellation, Thunderbolts is a franchise that should be explored, not with the absolute garbage that they are trying to push, just dump the entire cast, bring Bruhl in and introduce the classic members or some big guns like GG or Venom. Also adapt an actual story of the team instead of this sad mishmash of minor plot points of the MCU.

• Knock It Off 1

30 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

I really don't think you guys get that the idea of this being cancelled was never a thing considered outside this board. It was never in danger of being cancelled. It is a thing entirely based upon wishcasting by certain users on here.

It was actually on twitter to be fair. A former user claimed it was being cancelled, so not necessarily these forums. 

7 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

It was actually on twitter to be fair. A former user claimed it was being cancelled, so not necessarily these forums. 

Yes, a person who is infamously totally full of shit all the time, who people on here only believed because he said something they liked.