IndustriousAngel

BO Germany/Austria: Inside Out 2 #1 with best 2024 OW

No Thursday estimates available today but reservations/sold tickets looked good for BatB which is released in 698 theaters, so a very big start. I would be very very disappointed and surprised with a weekend under 500k.
According to our South-West-reports (samples in always the same theaters in the German South-West) it had 2.165 points/admissions today and I would guess BatB is more of a weekend film. For some comparison, Skull Island had 892 last Thursday and Logan had 1.538 two weeks ago. Now that doesn't automatically mean that BatB will more than double the weekend admissions of Skull Island - therefor the probed area is just too small - but it shows there's really a big interest. As some already said, under 500k admissions is just almost impossible.

Ok, some Thursday estimates are available:

BatB: 90.5k

Hundraettåringen: 2k
Kong: 11.5k – that wouldn't be good but it was underestimated by far last week so we will see
Logan: 15.5k (28k last Thursday)
FSD: 6k (17k)

I really hope the numbers for the holdovers don't stay like this...BatB is doing very well if this number holds.

Edited by el sid
  • Like 2

Today was by far the best day of the year here. Weather will become worse tomorow and especially on Saturday. I hope Saturday will be massive :)

I would say the biggest start for a Disney Remake is coming:

600k - 1M?

BatB

Alice

460.078 659 The Jungle Book
359.239 525 Maleficent
274.484 514 Cinderella
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, FantasticBeasts said:

500k??

Come on we need a million opening.

If the admission number is really near 100k for today and I don't doubt it than BatB will be much closer to 1M than 500k.
And Aristis is right, the weather today was very good and BatB still found its big audience. It should have a nice multiplier over the weekend :).

• Like 2

1 minute ago, el sid said:

If the admission number is really near 100k for today and I don't doubt it than BatB will be much closer to 1M than 500k.
And Aristis is right, the weather today was very good and BatB still found its big audience. It should have a nice multiplier over the weekend :).

But I want 1m PLUS

:P

First trend is here ( http://www.insidekino.com/News.htm ):

1. BatB 950k (with the additional comment that if it acts like a musical the number would be lower, and if it acts like a family movie the number should be higher)

2. Kong 175k

3. Logan 150k

4. Bibi & Tina 100k

5. FSoG 75k

other starts:

Die Häschenschule 70k

Der Hunderteinjährige... 27.5k

• Like 6

@FantasticBeasts
So maybe you get your 1M+ ;).

Some Thursday actuals (Source Blickpunkt:Film):

New Releases:

Beauty and the Beast: 100k/1.05M Euro/1.125M US$ (mediocre to very good reviews)
Die Häschenschule: 3k (released in 409 theaters, mostly good reviews)
Hundraettåringen: 1.8k (270, ok reviews)

Holdovers:

Kong: Skull Island: 17.5k (last Thursday 36k)
Logan: 15k (28k)
FSD: 9k (17k)

Edited by el sid
  • Like 6

2nd Trend:

BatB 950k (still not safe, Saturday and Sunday occur after this trend!) So for the moment about $10M OW.

Kong 175k (-38%/-40%)

Logan 125k (down from 150k yesterday) -37%

B&T 125k (up from 100k yesterday) -32%

FSOG2 75k (-43%)

Häschenschule 75k

Moonlight 60k (-9%/-28%)

Lego Batman 32,5k (-35%)

La La Land 27,5k (-56%)

Seems like BatB is direct competition to Musicals (La La Land) and Kid's movies (B&T, LB)

Edited by Aristis
  • Like 5

5 hours ago, miketheavenger said:

If this trend holds, those are some nice drops for Kong and Logan. I thought they would be hit harder.

Weather is lousy, so the movies are weekend choice #2 (after TV ...) and the demo for Logan and Kong doesn't intersect too much with Beauty's.

• Like 1

The final trend. Weather was and is still bad here in Bavaria too.

BatB: 800k - mmh, but maybe it improves tomorrow again as often
Skull Island: 185k - a quite nice hold :)
Bibi & Tina 4: 140k - that could be the reason why BatB decreased, families went to the theaters but decided in some cases to see this movie instead
Logan: 120k
Die Häschenschule: 85k - also some competition
FDS: 75k
Moonlight: 62.5k
Lion: 45k
LEGO: 42.5k
Wilde Maus: 35k
Hunderteinjährige: 35k - at least a little bit better now
LLL: 32.5k
John Wick 2: 32.5k
Sleepless: 27.5k

• Like 3

1 minute ago, IndustriousAngel said:

woe, 3rd weekend trend really is depressing ... from a possible million starter down to 800k OW - still a god number, mind.

Kong up, Logan down, and B&T4 up - strange numbers

Oh no :(

Well, it's still a great start according to German standards.

Mhm, this would put it behind FSoG 2 for the top opening of the year so far.

It's still a good start compared to similar live-action versions of Disney-movies, but I don't think it will turn out to be as impressive as other markets (the UK for example). Way too early to say anything about its legs, but the opening fits to all the animation-movies that finished behind Rogue One last year, meaning it could fall into the same range as Zoomania/Zootopia, Finding Dory and Pets, which was between 3-4 million. It should definately be ahead in terms of money though. Insidekino lists 9m Euro for the weekend, which means the average ticket price is above 10 Euro. Or in other words: the amount of money beats the admissions x10, while the opposite was the case for the animated movies.