Claudio

Thor: Love & Thunder | International Box Office Thread | $360.9M OS after a month of release, WW reaches $662.4M worth of Goat sold.

2 hours ago, BruiseCruise said:

How is audience reaction in these markets?

Reaction in India is positive. 

Top Gun 2 - 92%

Shang Chi - 90%

Endgame - 89%

Infinity War - 88%

Thor L&T - 88%

Thor Ragnarok - 88%

Minions - 87%

DS: MoM - 82%

Eternals - 78%

Jurassic World Dominion - 67%

Some mixture of MCU and recent movies here. Couldn't get a number for movies like Batman, Black Widow and No Way Home. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

Top Gun 2 - 92%

Shang Chi - 90%

Endgame - 89%

Infinity War - 88%

Thor L&T - 88%

Thor Ragnarok - 88%

Minions - 87%

Eternals - 78%

Some mixture of MCU and recent movies here. Couldn't get a number for movies like Batman, Black Widow and No Way Home. 

Oh wow surprised at the TG2 number since the gross is pretty lower over there

15 minutes ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

First of all, BMS ratings in India are not at all trustworthy, Infact none of the online ratings are, India is through and through ground market.

Secondly Eternals was a big bore, dull, humorless and having 2 of the worst Marvel leads ever.

But Thor is MASS, Thor is a highly popular character in India, L&T has comedy, action and many moments that bring out cheer from audiences.

I'm gonna quote you over here, don't wanna derail SK thread with India talk. 

Regarding BMS, it is the only mass rating system in India if I am not wrong (that is used exclusively by Indians). It would have been preferable if BMS had instituted a system where only those who have booked a ticket can rate a movie (like with RT verified). But at least one requires a BMS account to rate the movie. It may not be the best but it is one of the only available. Besides as long as you are comparing BMS score of one movie with BMS score of another movie, there shouldn't be much error with ratings (barring movies that get brigaded by people). 

BTW what does Thor is MASS means?

29 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

Top Gun 2 - 92%

Shang Chi - 90%

Endgame - 89%

Infinity War - 88%

Thor L&T - 88%

Thor Ragnarok - 88%

Minions - 87%

Eternals - 78%

Thor has most fanboys in India, they'll rate it higher even if movie is average.

10 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

I'm gonna quote you over here, don't wanna derail SK thread with India talk. 

Regarding BMS, it is the only mass rating system in India if I am not wrong (that is used exclusively by Indians). It would have been preferable if BMS had instituted a system where only those who have booked a ticket can rate a movie (like with RT verified). But at least one requires a BMS account to rate the movie. It may not be the best but it is one of the only available. Besides as long as you are comparing BMS score of one movie with BMS score of another movie, there shouldn't be much error with ratings (barring movies that get brigaded by people). 

BTW what does Thor is MASS means?

BMS isn't as prophetic as Maoyan or Egg but a good measure for most movies. It get spammed at times but still fine.

Also, if BMS has a bad score, that means the WOM is certainly bad. But a good score is open for interpretation.

As for Mass thing. It is generally to convey the type of content that reaches enmasses. Generally masala action is what reaches everywhere. Thor having that image, especially thanks to Wakanda entry & Ragnarok is more mass hero than say Black Panther.

Thor is only second to Tony in a recent survey by Ormax

https://twitter.com/OrmaxMedia/status/1539953439488282625

6 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

BMS isn't as prophetic as Maoyan or Egg but a good measure for most movies. It get spammed at times but still fine.

Also, if BMS has a bad score, that means the WOM is certainly bad. But a good score is open for interpretation.

As for Mass thing. It is generally to convey the type of content that reaches enmasses. Generally masala action is what reaches everywhere. Thor having that image, especially thanks to Wakanda entry & Ragnarok is more mass hero than say Black Panther.

Thor is only second to Tony in a recent survey by Ormax

https://twitter.com/OrmaxMedia/status/1539953439488282625

Surprising that Spider-Man is lower than Thor, given that Solo Spiderman movies have always done incredibly well in India. I guess one explanation could be that Thor is 2nd due to recency bias given that the poll was conducted in June when hype and awareness for an upcoming Thor movie would have been at the peak. 

Just now, charlie Jatinder said:

Don't think Thor has many Thor only fans. It will be almost a full Venn of who loves Thor loves Marvel

I'm saying Thor is the most fav superhero/has lot of fanboys in India so there come some bias in rating. And some of the Thor fans in India are highly sexist/misogynist, so they don't love everything that Marvel produce, a lot of hate for Captain Marvel & other Marvel female heroes come from this group.

1 minute ago, ZeeSoh said:

Surprising that Spider-Man is lower than Thor, given that Solo Spiderman movies have always done incredibly well in India. I guess one explanation could be that Thor is 2nd due to recency bias given that the poll was conducted in June when hype and awareness for an upcoming Thor movie would have been at the peak. 

One problem was you could pick only one. I totally expected Thor to be no. 2. He has been huge after Wakanda entry.

I think Strange would have been higher if they allowed to pick 3.

1 minute ago, Factcheck said:

I'm saying Thor is the most fav superhero/has lot of fanboys in India so there come some bias in rating. And some of the Thor fans in India are highly sexist/misogynist, so they don't love everything that Marvel produce, a lot of hate for Captain Marvel & other Marvel female heroes come from this group.

Lol. None of that is true.

5 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

Tom Holland is well, not on the level of Tobey in popularity here. Maybe even Andrew. 

Spiderman movies have always done well, Spiderman movies had 5 back to back Opening records for Hollywood movies in India.

The first Spiderman movie that couldn't break Opening record in India was Homecoming and FFH didn't do that well too. Deadpool 2 opened as big as FFH and he's a 2 movie old character.

11 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Lol. None of that is true.

What not true? That some of Thor fans are misogynist or bias rating bc of fanboys happens? Bias rating happen for every superhero who is popular whether it is SM or Batman or Thor.

Edited by Factcheck

2 hours ago, Valonqar said:

What most markets? Korea, Brazil and? Maybe I didn't check other market threads but negative talk around here was only from these two. 

Not even Brazil is bad from what i'm seeing, most people are liking it a lot 

On social media at least right after previews DS2 was being trashed here, Thor was positive. There was some people hating, but looks like a minority tbh.

The reviews was bad, audience reception? So far it's good.

Edited by ThomasNicole