Fullbuster

Brazil Box Office Thread

Most antecipated movies in second half of 2013 here in Brazil

Posted Image

For me, the most relevant fact is the percentage of Catching Fire and the difference with other big Fall releases like Thor 2 or Hobbit 2. Both Thor 1 and Hobbit 1 did about 17-18 million and THG did 10 million in Brazil. Asuming Thor 2 and Hobbit 2 could increase (Thor quite more than Hobbit), CF should, at least, double THG number, if not more. Of course this is just a survey and I do not know the source, but I see it quite significative.

For me, the most relevant fact is the percentage of Catching Fire and the difference with other big Fall releases like Thor 2 or Hobbit 2. Both Thor 1 and Hobbit 1 did about 17-18 million and THG did 10 million in Brazil. Asuming Thor 2 and Hobbit 2 could increase (Thor quite more than Hobbit), CF should, at least, double THG number, if not more. Of course this is just a survey and I do not know the source, but I see it quite significative.

Yep, I feel Brazil will be one of the biggest market for CF.

• Like 1

Posted Image

Brazilian box office surges 16% in 2012; local titles down

Last year marked the seventh consecutive year that box office increased in the market. After crossing R$1bn ($489m) for the first time in 2011, the market closed 2012 on R$1.6bn ($783m), for a 15.6% year-on-year gain.

The number of tickets sold increased by 5% to reach 148.8m viewers, according to figures announced by Filme B, a local film company that reviews theatrical market data.

Among the reasons for the growth in the country are the expansion of the exhibition circuit and the increase in ticket prices.

In 2012 there were 191 new screens, which raised the total number in Brazil to 2,564. Average ticket prices climbed 10.1% – the highest rise in ten years – to R$11.01 ($5.30). This was partly a result of the expansion of the 3D circuit, which already has 655 screens.

http://www.screendaily.com/box-office/brazilian-box-office-surges-16-in-2012-local-titles-down/5050720.article

A good growth in 2012, slightly better than in Russia (12%), the market is expanding and should pass Spain and Italy  this year (maybe it's already happened, it's very close).

• Like 1

Percy Jackson ahead of Hobbit2? o_o

I don't know hobbit 2, but the hobbit 1 percy has a chance to surpass here. The circuit limited in the weekend of percy jackson 2 has begun and is strong here.
The Hobbit made ​​$ 18,123,942
Percy Jackson $ 9,290,334
$ 19M is possible to Percy 2

Percy Jackson is more anticipated than Thor2??? Its more than twice the anticipation of Thor2!  :o 

Brazil has too many freaks!  :lol: 

Percy is closer than Thor 2 and it will not be bigger at the box office than Thor 2

Thor made $17,795,316 

I guess:Thor 2 will make $45M - $50M and Percy 2 $ 19M

many people are coming to know the hunger games now. And when the trailer was released many people were more interested. Until November will have a huge amount of fans.

$35M is possible

the source http://www.adorocinema.com/noticias/filmes/noticia-103527/

I don't know hobbit 2, but the hobbit 1 percy has a chance to surpass here. The circuit limited in the weekend of percy jackson 2 has begun and is strong here.
The Hobbit made ​​$ 18,123,942
Percy Jackson $ 9,290,334
$ 19M is possible to Percy 2

Percy is closer than Thor 2 and it will not be bigger at the box office than Thor 2

Thor made $17,795,316 

I guess:Thor 2 will make $45M - $50M and Percy 2 $ 19M

many people are coming to know the hunger games now. And when the trailer was released many people were more interested. Until November will have a huge amount of fans.

$35M is possible

the source http://www.adorocinema.com/noticias/filmes/noticia-103527/

What do you expect for Hobbit 2?