Fullbuster

Brazil Box Office Thread

BEAUTY AND THE BEAST : $23m

That means R$71m

That means it passed Cinderella (R$50m) and very close to Maleficent (R$73m) in only 2 weekends!! :o

It's also in a tie with Moana (R$71.4m), making it the second biggest movie of the year with Moana and behind Logan. In only 2 weeks! A huge success!

5 minutes ago, alisson23 said:

PR is very popular here. I know because I live here. This number is shit as in other countries, except USA.

Maybe Power Rangers is very popular as a TV show but that people are not necessarily interested in seeing it with that format (movie, theater). A bit like Angry Bird : despite being very known all over the world trhat didn't make Angry Birds the Movie a big hit.

8 hours ago, Fullbuster said:

IMAX screens in Latin America :

2014 : 154

2015 : 205

2016 : 231

That's a pretty good growth :)

Only 12 in Brazil, though. They should expand here. We have only 1 IMAX screen in my city and it's always full for big movies.

6 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

Maybe Power Rangers is very popular as a TV show but that people are not necessarily interested in seeing it with that format (movie, theater). A bit like Angry Bird : despite being very known all over the world trhat didn't make Angry Birds the Movie a big hit.

A mobile game compared to a TV series which was broadcast on FTA TV, on major network here...??? Even so Angry Birds opened higher than PR...

7 minutes ago, alisson23 said:

A mobile game compared to a TV series which was broadcast on FTA TV, on major network here...??? Even so Angry Birds opened higher than PR...

The comparison is legitimate : 2 brands that aren't movie franchises and try to use their popularity to get money from the big screen.

1 minute ago, Fullbuster said:

The result is the same for both movies : less than $3m OW :insane:

Yeah. PR was overshadowed by BatB, but at least I accept the flop and don't say things like "BatB deserved to do less than moonlight here in Brazil because it has lower score in the rotten tomatoes" dCNj16J.gif  

1 minute ago, alisson23 said:

Yeah. PR was overshadowed by BatB, but at least I accept the flop and don't say things like "BatB deserved to do less than moonlight here in Brazil because it has lower score in the rotten tomatoes" dCNj16J.gif  

It was true, Moana deserved better :bop:

Just watched Split, room was about 80% full.

Nap, you're going to fucking love this, that ending will make you want to scream at theater, you really should check it at cinema. The twist really made me speechless, although, I think the real twist is how MNS managed to come back to the top, that's a hell of movie and it's already in the history of cinema. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

Just watched Split, room was about 80% full.

Nap, you're going to fucking love this, that ending will make you want to scream at theater, you really should check it at cinema. The twist really made me speechless, although, I think the real twist is how MNS managed to come back to the top, that's a hell of movie and it's already in the history of cinema. 

SPLIT
Brazil welcomed M Night Shyamalan’s worldwide hit with $1.5M this weekend to land 4th place, but the top spot amongst the director’s openings in the market.

12 hours ago, alisson23 said:

:lol: Lol. I think no, Moana is still bigger than Sing WW.

Oh by the way, I hope you didn't take this the wrong way : I wasn't rejoicing about Power Rangers' low numbers in Brazil, in any way, and I wasn't making fun of you or something like that. I fear there could be some confusion so...