Purple Minion

Mexico Box Office | Garfield scratches great $8.4M 6-day OW; safe $2.5M start for The Fall Guy

1 hour ago, Carlangonz said:

First to cross (in lc):

• $100M, $200M - Titanic (1998)
  • $300M - Shrek 2 (2004)
  • $400M, $500M - Ice Age: Dawn of Dinosaurs (2009)
  • $600M, $700M - Toy Story 3 (2010)
  • $800M - Marvel's The Avengers (2012)
  • $900M, $1B, $1.1B - Coco (2017)
  • $1.2B, $1.3B, $1.4B - Avengers: Endgame (2019)
  • $1.5B - Spider-Man: No Way Home (2022)

First to cross (in admissions, post 1994) :

• 10M, 11M - Titanic (1998)
  • 12M, 13M, 14M - Toy Story 3 (2010)
  • 15M - Marvel's The Avengers (2012)
  • 16M - Minions (2015)
  • 17M, 18M, 19M, 20M, 21M, 22M, 23M, 24M - Coco (2017-2018)
  • 25M - Toy Story 4 (2019)

2B LC and 30M admissions will be broken by 2025. The only question will be, what film does it?

17 minutes ago, RiddlerXXR said:

2B LC and 30M admissions will be broken by 2025. The only question will be, what film does it?

Hopefully the most-record holders are an indicator and will be another animation (TS3, Coco) and/or another original (Titanic, Coco). Right now the most likely seems another MCU major crossover.

27 minutes ago, Carlangonz said:

Hopefully the most-record holders are an indicator and will be another animation (TS3, Coco) and/or another original (Titanic, Coco). Right now the most likely seems another MCU major crossover.

I still think Lightyear and Avatar 2 have good shots at breaking both current records, though neither may cross 2B / 30M. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RiddlerXXR said:

I still think Lightyear and Avatar 2 have good shots at breaking both current records, though neither may cross 2B / 30M. 

If there's a legendary run for Jim that's Titanic, not Avatar. It barely beat IA3 in lc and fell way below in admissions only for TS3 to surpass it over 40%. Avatar 2 can pull great numbers especially due to 3D and inflation but have a hard time seeing it breaking the lc record and let alone the admissions record.

Lightyear should try to top TS3 in admissions and around $1B

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Carlangonz said:

If there's a legendary run for Jim that's Titanic, not Avatar. It barely beat IA3 in lc and fell way below in admissions only for TS3 to surpass it over 40%. Avatar 2 can pull great numbers especially due to 3D and inflation but have a hard time seeing it breaking the lc record and let alone the admissions record.

Well, I guess I have to wait for Young Avengers in 2025 for my 2B and then Secret Wars later this decade for 30M :( 

2 hours ago, Carlangonz said:

After all,Avatar it's break Box office record in Mexico in 2009,it's not legendary like Titanic level but still legendary,we can't verdict a movie which break box office record in a market not "not legendary"

Edited by Bruce

I asked my Chinese box office expert friend( my friend name  is dada,maybe someone heard of him in this thread)

He mentioned Avatar Performance in LA,he said Avatar is the reason why IMAX grown rapidly in Latin America ,Avatar break IMAX box office record in all LA countries,I don't know how to translate his meaning in English,in a short word ,his meaning is there are some reason that Avatar didn't Performance like Titanic in LA,because IMAX and 3D cinema is so poor at that time,and he believes Avatar 2 will be a monster in LA market.

Edited by Bruce
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Purple Minion said:

$72M for No Way Home. May fall a bit short of the 1.5B mark, let's see what the actuals say tomorrow.

Scream opened to $1.1M.

$1,3M weekend (26M lc) for NWH, how much was NWH before the weekend ?

44 minutes ago, LPLC said:

how much was NWH before the weekend

Sony's estimate in USD was $69.7M up to Sunday. Officially it was at 1,454M lc that same day, and at some point in Thu or Fri it passed 1,474M lc. ER fluctuations are wild, it was over 21.2 on OD, fell to 20.8 that weekend and it's now 20.3.

• Like 1

#SpiderManNoWayHome accumulates an estimated $1,500M in Mexico, it is the first film in the history of Mexico to exceed that mark and apparently also remains at the top of the Mexican box office for the 5th consecutive week.

• Like 3

This is only the third time in the last 25 years that all three crowns belong to different titles.

Year         MXN    /      USD        /     Admissions
2004 - Shrek 2 / Spider-Man / Titanic
2018 - Infinity War / The Avengers / Coco
2022 - No Way Home / Endgame / Toy Story 4 

• Like 3