Eric is Quiet

THOR: LOVE AND THUNDER WEEKEND THREAD | The hammer swings down with 144.2 DOM, 302 WW, the 3rd-biggest 2022 opening | Minions 46.1, TGM 15.5, Elvis 11.2, JWD 8.6

How people are so offended with this 1 minute video? 

People are trashing the CGI for a whole week, i know critics that are talking about this movie endlessly for 5 days straight (while complain that fans are attacking them), but if the director make a way lighter joke about the CGI everyone start to meltdown

• Like 1

Just now, cannastop said:

I think they're clowning themselves there.

That just indicts how artless and tossed-off Marvel has become. You’re given 200 million dollars. Have some respect for the craft and actually put in the work. Don’t take this for granted. Willful incompetence isn’t funny or endearing 

Just now, ThomasNicole said:

People are trashing the CGI for a whole week, i know critics that are talking about this movie endlessly for 5 days straight (while complain that fans are attacking them), but if the director make a way lighter joke about the CGI everyone start to meltdown

Well he's either making fun of himself or he's making fun of the VFX workers.

16 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

Lol at these CGI artists suddenly being "victims" and are so underworked and overpaid.  

Only someone that has never worked an actual shitty job could say something like this.  

So shit on their work?

2 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

You keep it in house.

2 minutes ago, cannastop said:

I think they're clowning themselves there.

They are... This is being overblown enormously. He and she are making fun of themselves.

Regarding the other poster's comment regarding Dark of the Moon... It has better effects than a lot of Marvel, DC, Jurassic movies, etc. today. It looks great. Same applies to Dead Man's Chest.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

Lol at these CGI artists suddenly being "victims" and are so underworked and overpaid.  

Only someone that has never worked an actual shitty job could say something like this.  

couldn't be you right? Just sitting around shitposting here all day

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cannastop said:

Or maybe just the corporate machine that releases films on a deadline instead of letting VFX companies do proper work? 

• Like 3

Just now, cannastop said:

Why would he make fun of VFX workers? 

VFX looks bad on MCU projects for quite some time now because of lack of time, not the director's fault or the workers. It's unpolished and he made a joke, who cares?

That's the problem of twitter, when people decide they want to hate someone, everything the person say people will take it on the most negative way possible so they can get angry about.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, DAR said:

So shit on their work?

Film twitter does every time a new show or movie comes out with any dodgy effects at all so why can't they? I imagine it's a frustrating part of filmmaking that you have no control over. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Menor Reborn said:

Lol the Scorsese defense force is still salty that his dumb comments weren't blindly accepted.

I like how this is what you wanted to talk about. This was more pressing to you than the abuse the VFX industry has gone into by the hands of Marvel.

2 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

There's a world of difference between Internet funnymen and critics taking a potshot at a faceless conglomerate, which is what they do when they mock Marvel's garbage VFX, than the literal director mocking his own movie looking crappy, due to non-union VFX workers overworked and under a super strict deadline. This and Michael Bay's earlier comments for Ambulance are both super unprofessional and disrespectful, because the mistreatment of the VFX industry is a massive open secret they should have known about.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Rebeccas said:

Film twitter does every time a new show or movie comes out with any dodgy effects at all so why can't they? I imagine it's a frustrating part of filmmaking that you have no control over. 

Like I mentioned if you’re the director keep it in house.   And if you are the director and producer you say that’s on us,

Edited by DAR
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, DAR said:

Like I mentioned if you’re the director keep it in house.

I highly doubt any filmmaker in the Disney machine would actually get taken seriously if they went to the top and said hey can you delay my film so the VFX can be done properly. 

But yeah, that was a very chaotic and weird marketing video, idk if he's trying to get himself fired from SW so he doesn't have to do it or what. 

6 minutes ago, Rebeccas said:

I imagine it's a frustrating part of filmmaking that you have no control over. 

But Taika is the director so he should take responsibility for it. I assumed he was poking fun at himself but if he really was just shading the VFX in his movie...

Just now, Rebeccas said:

I've literally saw many posts with 20k likes saying Taika is anti-filmmaking, that he doesn't care about quality because he's not an real artist etc. People now just ignore the dude have 5 slow budget movies that are among the most beloved projects of the past decade because of one Thor movie.

Why people feel entitled to trash someone entire carreer because of one movie and then get offended when the person itself made a joke? It's so ridiculous, some people should turn off their Twitter and rethink why this need of being so salty and angry over everything.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Menor Reborn said:

Lol the Scorsese defense force is still salty that his dumb comments weren't blindly accepted.

I've seen Martin Scorsese trend on twitter a lot over the past few years and every time its always overly sensitive CBM fans still whining about him.   At this point I feel like the people still mad are like Kevin Smith, 40+ year olds that still dress like they're 12.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, cannastop said:

But Taika is the director so he should take responsibility for it. I assumed he was poking fun at himself but if he really was just shading the VFX in his movie...

Michael Bay can't even control what happens with Ambulance a much lower stakes $40m production. I can't imagine anyone believes directors at Disney/Marvel can be like oh pretty please can we shift the entire release schedule so our CGI can be well rendered.