Sophia Jane

Avatar :The Way of the Water OS thread

2 hours ago, stephanos13 said:

You are not in Earth anymore! You are on Pandora!

Absolutely  brother Stephanos.

And you better not get soft . You get soft ...Pandora will chew your eyes out and use  them for ju-ju beans😉👍. Hoping actuals is closer to 50m. Still excellent day gross os though. I can't wait for the weekend tally on both ends coming up.

Edited by Sheldon Cr
Editing post

1 minute ago, Issac Newton said:

Because it doesn't make sense. Disney Pre-pandemic &Disney Post-Pandemic is totally different. How can you compare it with Universal/Paramount? They don't even have any streaming platform here. Their drops will be totally different. If you compare it with Frozen/Aladdin it will still not make sense because they didn't have any streaming platform back then.

At the end, $30M-$35M is not a bad number for Disney unless you are comparing it with original. 

Do you know why Jurassic World made $46M, Top Gun Maverick made $100M+ because they don't have streaming platform in Japan! So their film can't get pirated in Japan! 

There is always a difference with one have streaming platform here and one with not.. This really made a huge difference in determining success ratio in Japan.

Eh? If they wanted to pirate any movie, they would pirate any movie. All the sources are online. You can view this number as not a bad one, that's fine, but to me Japan is the biggest disappointing market for The Way of Water.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Issac Newton said:

Because it doesn't make sense. Disney Pre-pandemic &Disney Post-Pandemic is totally different. How can you compare it with Universal/Paramount? They don't even have any streaming platform here. Their drops will be totally different. If you compare it with Frozen/Aladdin it will still not make sense because they didn't have any streaming platform back then.

At the end, $30M-$35M is not a bad number for Disney unless you are comparing it with original. 

Do you know why Jurassic World made $46M, Top Gun Maverick made $100M+ because they don't have streaming platform in Japan! So their film can't get pirated in Japan! 

There is always a difference with one have streaming platform here and one with not.. This really made a huge difference in determining success ratio in Japan.

When will Avatar be available to stream in Japan? 

9 minutes ago, Danhjpn said:

I think this movie does better on weekend than weekday considering the 3 and a half hour length...

That’s why I think this is great run,because This is a 3 hour movie and gross that much on working day

Weekend will be insane

Edited by Bruce

2 minutes ago, Jonan23 said:

When will Avatar be available to stream in Japan? 

Primary drop after 45 days. Theatre will start drop after 45 days.

4 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

Eh? If they wanted to pirate any movie, they would pirate any movie. All the sources are online. You can view this number as not a bad one, that's fine, but to me Japan is the biggest disappointing market for The Way of Water.

Piracy Proof Country. But, they won't play films if they drop in Disney+ after 45 days.  

Okay, it's bad for you. But, good for me, considering Disney wickedness 

1 minute ago, Issac Newton said:

Piracy Proof Country. But, they won't play films if they drop in Disney+ after 45 days.  

Please stop lying to yourself

I remeber You think avatar will make at least 100m in Japan before release

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

Yeah so weird. Any sign of rebounding over in Japan. I hope A2 will  at least crawl to 80m or more. Didn't Avatar Way back in 2009 make almost 200m usd equivalent in a 50-70 % smaller  movie market in the country. Crazy  how the anime movies took away audiences. I mean changes happen in 13 years but I thought Japan would be a shoe in for 250m

At least Avatar2 is still making money.Smh

1 minute ago, Bruce said:

Please stop lying to yourself

I remeber You think avatar will make at least 100m in Japan before release

That's was a wish that never happened true. I prayed for ¥10B not $100M. i.e. $76M

Went through all reasonable things of such collapsed. And accept the numbers. Never called it disappointment because it still doing it best. I expect 60-70% 3rd WKend drop but drop was below 30%

Just now, Sheldon Cr said:

Yeah so weird. Any sign of rebounding over in Japan. I hope A2 will  at least crawl to 80m or more. Didn't Avatar Way back in 2009 make almost 200m usd equivalent in a 50-70 % smaller  movie market in the country. Crazy  how the anime movies took away audiences. I mean changes happen in 13 years but I thought Japan would be a shoe in for 250m

At least Avatar2 is still making money.Smh

The least I thought it would do was half of what the first movie made. So about $85 M. It's a shame since other countries like China, South Korea, France, Germany, and even the UK and India have been producing good to great numbers all things considered.

I think for all of us the Japan opening weekend was a huge disappointment to say the least. But I get where Isaac is coming from as once you accept that and move on then it turns into well, considering the opening at least it is holding well so lets just be thankful for whatever more we get from there from this point on. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jonan23 said:

I think for all of us the Japan opening weekend was a huge disappointment to say the least. But I get where Isaac is coming from as once you accept that and move on then it turns into well, considering the opening at least it is holding well so lets just be thankful for whatever more we get from there from this point on. 

The problem is Japan’s run is nothing special

In normal time Japan is the leggy market but for now most market performence and leggy better than Japan for Avatar 2

8 minutes ago, Bruce said:

The problem is Japan’s run is nothing special

In normal time Japan is the leggy market but for now most market performence and leggy better than Japan for Avatar 2

I agree and understand the disappointment of most and that is perfectly valid. Just me personally after the 2nd weekend I just changed my personal perspective from something like, ok we have 18 million from there so far, fine just don't collapse and give us 20 more to 38 and I won't complain anymore. It's a personal method I do to have a positive mindset.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Issac Newton said:

I will be stunned if they drop it there after 45 days. I mean Black Panther is coming Disney Plus on February 1 which is I think more than 60 days after the theatrical release. 

1 minute ago, Jonan23 said:

I will be stunned if they drop it there after 45 days. I mean Black Panther is coming Disney Plus on February 1 which is I think more than 60 days after the theatrical release. 

I’d be very surprised if this came out on Disney+ anytime soon. I highly doubt James Cameron would be cool with it, wouldn’t be surprised with a pre-pandemic style window of 90+ days. It seemed to work out for Top Gun.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

The least I thought it would do was half of what the first movie made. So about $85 M. It's a shame since other countries like China, South Korea, France, Germany, and even the UK and India have been producing good to great numbers all things considered.

Shoot I'll take it Brother Kayom😎😄.

The opening was so low I thought the forum  was kidding. Ouch!!🤯

One thing for sure Kayom 85-90m  will help in the end for that goal of 1.6b-1.8b Os or better including china.

And combine that with the 750-850+ domestic we have 2.3billion-2.5b+ ww potential for this incredible sequel.  Well done JC and all the Sully Family worldwide!

What is everyone's low-end and highend for A2 OS including  China out of curiosity?

15 minutes ago, Jonan23 said:

This shouldn't fall for 45 days. But, we can't guarantee anything about Disney. They never agree on widing theatrical exclusive window (same thing in France maybe). But, if it can hold like it has been holding in 2nd/3rd Weekend then it shouldn't fall for it.

Earlier, Black Widow didn't reach ¥1B because it was boycotted by two major theatre chain. Shang Chi was dead by 4th Weekend - didn't reach ¥1B. Encanto/Raya/Luca were dead because of this Disney+. While Soul never got a theatrical window in Japan. 

Although, I am saying that Disney is eroding because of its streaming-theatrical window.

But, Original one (2009) had much more issues to deal like 3D isn't popular here as it was back in 2009 (almost all of works typical raging 80-90% 3D share back then)

Avatar also didn't have good Physical DVD/BD sales nor good TV ratings. What I meant to say is that people went to see Avatar only to experience 3D immensely and nothing more. 

Another important thing is casting actors aren't popular here. So, people here who have watched Avatar 2 are watching in the name of Cameron and Max of the audiences are watching it in IMAX rather than other PLF (where as Standard/Normal screen sales are null as Usual)

Avatar 2 Weekend are actually holding well only due to PLFs or else it's dropping as usual as Post-CoVid-19 Disney release.

Edited by Issac Newton

20 minutes ago, Issac Newton said:

This shouldn't fall for 45 days. But, we can't guarantee anything about Disney. They never agree on widing theatrical exclusive window (same thing in France maybe). But, if it can hold like it has been holding in 2nd/3rd Weekend then it shouldn't fall for it.

Earlier, Black Widow didn't reach ¥1B because it was boycotted by two major theatre chain. Shang Chi was dead by 4th Weekend - didn't reach ¥1B. Encanto/Raya/Luca were dead because of this Disney+. While Soul never got a theatrical window in Japan. 

Although, I am saying that Disney is eroding because of its streaming-theatrical window.

But, Original one (2009) had much more issues to deal like 3D isn't popular here as it was back in 2009 (almost all of works typical raging 80-90% 3D share back then)

Avatar also didn't have good Physical DVD/BD sales nor good TV ratings. What I meant to say is that people went to see Avatar only to experience 3D immensely and nothing more. 

Another important thing is casting actors aren't popular here. So, people here who have watched Avatar 2 are watching in the name of Cameron and Max of the audiences are watching it in IMAX rather than other PLF (where as Standard/Normal screen sales are null as Usual)

Avatar 2 Weekend are actually holding well only due to PLFs or else it's dropping as usual as Post-CoVid-19 Disney release.

Avatar was one of the biggest hv sellers domestically and os. 

So folks not wanting to see it at home is not true at least in japan, uk, india , China and much more.