Sophia Jane

Avatar :The Way of the Water OS thread

11 minutes ago, AnDr3s said:

its getting similar tickets sold just terrible ER, right?

If it had China with no issues and Russia, the total ticket volume would be similar to the first. The mix of where they're from would just be different. Developed markets will be down anywhere from 10% (France, SK) to 35% (DOM, UK) to 70% (Japan). It's mostly the developing markets in Asia that would be keeping the admits near the first. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, LPLC said:

According to @charlie Jatinder, we can expect $1350M OS-China

So let's say a range about $1,3B-$1,4B because it could be a little bit less or a little bit more

Let's say $200M-$250M in China because in 2 weeks there is CNY but if it gets an extension $300M is not impossible

In DOM, $550M-$650M because $700M seems unlikely atm but not impossible

I don't know what I am doing wrong but with All 86 Countries, I am not reaching 1.3B at the end.

5 minutes ago, Bruce said:

I know,but considt is the 3 hour movie I don’t think the night show will gross much,full day 2.3B max

Multiverse of Madness was be able to stay in the cinema for 40-50 days. So I think there will be at least 30 days more for it there. 

11 minutes ago, Bruce said:

Yep it’s still have chance beating Endgame record

Today Tue from 7.30pm,  there is big football match in AFF Cup between Vietnam and Myanmar that can decide whether Vietnam is able to go to the semi final or not. So that thing may affect the box office today. 

As of SUN, Avatar: The Way of Water has reached 21M RON ($4.53M) in Romania, on its way to becoming at least the second highest grossing movie of all time (behind only Avatar 1).

On its 3rd week in Romania, the movie has grossed $2.03M (+78% vs week 2. It made $1.14M during its 2nd week here).

This week should also see a pretty decent hold, since schools are still closed.