grim22

Kung Fu Panda 4 | March 8 2024

It feels like even bad reviews say it’s worst kung fu panda movie yet still watchable 

it’s bad kung fu panda movie but a decent animation movie 

tbh that’s enough for families to come and watch during spring break 

3 minutes ago, Minnale101 said:

Hollywood reporter and now deadline 

deadline projecting 50 million + ow domestic for kfp4

thats insane to me but hey hope there right hahah

Yeah, I was kind of shocked to see a OW this high. But meanwhile, KP4 actually beat Dune 2 in Malaysia when both opened this past weekend despite Dune 2 having far higher ATP. So we probably underestimate the franchise strength. 

Edited by titanic2187
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

Yeah, I was kind of shocked to see a OW this high. But meanwhile, KP4 actually beat Dune 2 in Malaysia when both opened this past weekend despite Dune 2 having far higher ATP. So we probably underestimate the franchise strength. 

Wow didn’t know that about Malaysia, just saw golden cinemas top 10, kfp4 is 1 and dune 2 is 3

Hopefully it surprises in domestic as well

with its 85 million budget, I feel at ease with it being in the green by end of the month 

While reviews are decent, it's kinda sucky that this seems to be another inferior follow up. They managed to stick the landing with the first sequel but even though they didn't rush parts 3 and 4, they really seem to be major steps down. I hardly remember the third one and I saw it like few months ago.

• Like 1

Director maybe confirming kung fu panda 5? 

https://x.com/hollywoodhandle/status/1765526259272937968?s=46

after seeing 85 million budget, I feel much more confident at a sequel happening 

if you told 11 year old me watching kung fu panda 1 in threaters for first time that there would be 5 kung fu panda 

I would think they were on strongest weed hahaha 

10 hours ago, toutvabien said:

While reviews are decent, it's kinda sucky that this seems to be another inferior follow up. They managed to stick the landing with the first sequel but even though they didn't rush parts 3 and 4, they really seem to be major steps down. I hardly remember the third one and I saw it like few months ago.

Studios will milk a sucessful franchise until it is dry,,ie, does not make money.

Hey the kP sequels, though not very good after the first, were still better then what we got with Ice Age.

• Disbelief 1