Maggie

Labor Day/National Cinema Day Weekend Thread | TGM crosses 700M! Fifth-biggest movie DOM! The Cruise Missile never stops

20 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Would it be controversial to say that Top Gun: Maverick is clearly the second-best movie of the DOM Top 10? I mean, ofc, that one movie we all know is better, but the rest of those movies all fall short of Top Guns quality imo. 

“Best” is a subjective measure, but I think you could make a good argument that it was the most broadly well-liked film since Dark Knight, including among people who initially had little or no interest in watching it

Both Endgame and No Way Home were culmination works, bringing together previous stories into a finale, so more difficult to credit as standalone features. The one that is probably debatable vs TGM is Black Panther 

Dragon Ball Super: Super Hero - $2,430,974 / $35,496,860

Moon Man - $276,861 / $356,466

MAID in MALACANANG - $70,835 / $1,687,753

Hansan: Rising Dragon - $30,912 / $816,369

Emergency Declaration - $26,484 / $374,975

Alienoid - $24,737 / $140,769

• Like 1

On 9/6/2022 at 8:24 PM, charlie Jatinder said:

I was certain its gonna bomb but it has surprised me. Even in USA, THU has solid pre-sales. Can open $3-4M.

Thursday estimates? Any chances for 5m?

Edited by Doffy

1 hour ago, Brainbug said:

Would it be controversial to say that Top Gun: Maverick is clearly the second-best movie of the DOM Top 10? I mean, ofc, that one movie we all know is better, but the rest of those movies all fall short of Top Guns quality imo. 

My personal best to worst:

1. Titanic - 5/5

2. Avatar

3. Black Panther - 4.5/5

4. Top Gun: Maverick

5. Star Wars: The Force Awakens - 4/5

6. The Avengers

7. Avengers: Infinity War

8. Avengers: Endgame - 3.5/5

9. Spider-Man: No Way Home

10. Jurassic World - 3/5

Edited by YM!